Illinois Football Uniforms

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
My lord. This sounds so Illinois. Some old guy that's been there forever that just does his own thing. I would think Josh would be able to fix this if he were to get involved? Maybe he is who we should be emailing.

Edit: Another great hire by RG.....

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
One issue with our logo is that it is both tall and wide on the bottom, and thus the bottom corner has trouble fitting around the top buckling part of the helmet.

However, this is solvable, you just need to apply the sticker BEFORE screwing on the accessories, like so:

USATSI_11320164_168385735_lowres.jpg

Deleted member 654622

D
The more they screw this up, the more the star stickers gain traction with me

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
DAMMIT! I only cared a little, but now it's driving me nuts!! Wtf?

giphy.gif

Illinivek23

Gurnee
I was in the equipment room earlier this week and I asked one of the assistant equipment managers about the helmet stickers. He said the same guy has been doing the helmet stickers for what sounded like 20+ years. He’s apparently an older gentleman who’s set in his ways and very protective of the helmets. The guy I talked to said they’ve tried to offer him some suggestions but no dice. So I guess we’re left with with hoping this helmet guy retires soon.

Also, how about this new white helmet 2nd from right?

View attachment 4464
These are great, but what happened to the burnt orange glossy helmet that went off the color standard script. Those were God awful - how did they ever get selected?

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
One issue with our logo is that it is both tall and wide on the bottom, and thus the bottom corner has trouble fitting around the top buckling part of the helmet.

However, this is solvable, you just need to apply the sticker BEFORE screwing on the accessories, like so:

USATSI_11320164_168385735_lowres.jpg

Wait, that R is definitely crooked.

Look at how slanted it is while sitting on the table.

My lord. This sounds so Illinois. Some old guy that's been there forever that just does his own thing. I would think Josh would be able to fix this if he were to get involved? Maybe he is who we should be emailing.

Yes. Hard to believe this is a Big Ten equipment manager. More like someone you’d expect at Millikin or Illinois College. The I’s are all over the place.

KamsBartender84

Illiniorange on TOS
Los Angeles
I was in the equipment room earlier this week and I asked one of the assistant equipment managers about the helmet stickers. He said the same guy has been doing the helmet stickers for what sounded like 20+ years. He’s apparently an older gentleman who’s set in his ways and very protective of the helmets. The guy I talked to said they’ve tried to offer him some suggestions but no dice. So I guess we’re left with with hoping this helmet guy retires soon.

Also, how about this new white helmet 2nd from right?

View attachment 4464

I'd like to see a chrome orange helmet with a white outlined blue block I

This really is so RG era Illinois ... I can practically hear a Scout moderator telling me that this is a stupid thing to complain about circa 2009 lol.

Cook

Richmond, VA
No response whatsoever so far...

Emailed this morning, we'll see what happens...

Dear Equipment Staff,
Just wanted to take a moment on behalf of all Illini football fans to ask that you please do a better job of aligning, placing, and applying our helmet stickers. Over the past many seasons, it's been conspicuously apparent that they have not been aligned (the I placed well vertically) or applied properly (like smoothing out wrinkles, air bubbles). We realize there are many different styles and shapes of helmets that have to be fitted, but other teams have shown it is a manageable process. For example, here is a video where they consistently get it right.
*same video linked*
This is our brand, and all we want here is to look our best with greater attention to detail. Looking forward to a great season. Go Illini!
Respectfully,

Deleted member 29907

D
No response whatsoever so far...
Not sure the guy who is the issue (if indeed he is) will feel like he needs to respond to Joe Fan on this issue if he hasn't responded to discussions from fellow members of the team management group.

Cook

Richmond, VA
I didn't message that guy, rather the whole equipment management staff. Honestly, I don't anticipate let alone expect a response. On the other hand, sure would be nice for an organization to acknowledge and respond to correspondence from its fanbase ;)
Not sure the guy who is the issue (if indeed he is) will feel like he needs to respond to Joe Fan on this issue if he hasn't responded to discussions from fellow members of the team management group.

Deleted member 645583

D
So, what do you think? Which Illini team will show the most improvement next season, football or basketball?

Thanks.

does anybody think those might just be orange proactive helmets and instead of getting out the good ones for a scrimmage, they slapped on I
's for the one day? come fall the good ones come out and crisis is averted. only me. if I cared on a scrimmage day anyway... we have no experienced
QB and no recievers we can trust. are problems are bigger then the stupid logo on the helmet.

Deleted member 654622

D
does anybody think those might just be orange proactive helmets and instead of getting out the good ones for a scrimmage, they slapped on I
's for the one day? come fall the good ones come out and crisis is averted. only me. if I cared on a scrimmage day anyway... we have no experienced
QB and no recievers we can trust. are problems are bigger then the stupid logo on the helmet.
There is no question about the personnel needs for this team, but do not be gullible enough to think how the players look is not a decent factor in commitment decisions.

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
Photo-Jun-19,-9-45-33-AM.jpg
Photo-Jun-19,-9-45-37-AM.jpg

It looks like we are adding the CFB 150 patch to our jerseys this year. A pretty obtrusive patch but probably something they made us add.

Dan

Admin
Whoa. The 150 patch is way too large & obnoxious for every single team to have to wear it every single game.