Illinois Football Uniforms

Deleted member 654622

D
What was everyone’s favorite look this year?
Grey Ghost best but I really liked all blue uni
1575583953838.png

FinalFour88

Charlotte, NC
Side note... in the Juice Williams days, they wore O/B/W for most home games, if I recall. And then later on, they wore O/O/W a lot at home (sort of looked like Clemson). Would be interesting to see either of those make an appearance. I also used to like the O/B/B unis as a kid in the 1980s. Didn't wear them often.

BZuppke

Plainfield
I like most of the combos but have a problems with all Orange or all Blue. The white helmets are intriguing.

The white jerseys are by far my favorite. They should be the only jersey we wear on the road. Now that the orange helmets aren't dark burnt orange metallic, any of the three are great.

Wish we went storm trooper this year, think it looks amazing, also liked the all blues though. All orange not so much.

Side note... in the Juice Williams days, they wore O/B/W for most home games, if I recall. And then later on, they wore O/O/W a lot at home (sort of looked like Clemson). Would be interesting to see either of those make an appearance. I also used to like the O/B/B unis as a kid in the 1980s. Didn't wear them often.

If you're speaking of the throwback unis, they were the best I have ever seen the ILLINI wear.

The white jerseys are by far my favorite. They should be the only jersey we wear on the road. Now that the orange helmets aren't dark burnt orange metallic, any of the three are great.

Wish we went storm trooper this year, think it looks amazing, also liked the all blues though. All orange not so much.
I agree, I love the stormtroopers. Can't go wrong with the OWO's though. I believe we were undefeated when wearing the OWO's.

I would like to see some W/B/W and W/B/B mixed in. To me the orange jerseys and pants are less appealing. I think the best possible look for Illinois would be a blue block I on a white helmet, with blue jersey and white pants.

Of what they did this year I liked the galloping ghost alternates and the all blue combination the best. Edit: I don't mind the O/B/O jerseys since it resonates most strongly with the Illini brand. I just think the blue looks so much better. If we have to stick with orange, perhaps B/O/B would look cooler.

I would like to see some W/B/W and W/B/B mixed in. To me the orange jerseys and pants are less appealing. I think the best possible look for Illinois would be a blue block I on a white helmet, with blue jersey and white pants.

Of what they did this year I liked the galloping ghost alternates and the all blue combination the best. Edit: I don't mind the O/B/O jerseys since it resonates most strongly with the Illini brand. I just think the blue looks so much better. If we have to stick with orange, perhaps B/O/B would look cooler.
I think the athletic department as a whole has gone all in on orange being our main color, and it's been that way for a while.

Deleted member 645583

D
I'll take this season's loud and lewd colors as long as Illini win, but I prefer Kurt Kittner era: orange helmet only, white/navy blue jerseys, navy blue or orange pants. In my book - classic. But kids and marketing today want the loud. So be it.

BZuppke

Plainfield
While we’re waiting for some news let’s talk uniforms. Having lost the bowl with orange on orange and losing every big game we’ve played in orange/orange - can we finally realize this is a jinxed look? Save them for the Illinois State game if you must - as their negative mojo shouldn’t be strong enough for us to lose that game.

While we’re waiting for some news let’s talk uniforms. Having lost the bowl with orange on orange and losing every big game we’ve played in orange/orange - can we finally realize this is a jinxed look? Save them for the Illinois State game if you must - as their negative mojo shouldn’t be strong enough for us to lose that game.
I think they finished ranked #7 in FCS. Don't jinx anything!

100% Agree! Burn the O:O look in a preseason pep rally fire. I like the Classic O/B/O at home and O/W/O on the road.

My Ideal Uniform Schedule for 2020
Vs. Ill. State-O/B/O
Vs. UConn-B/O/B(Never worn these)
Vs. Bowling Green-B/B/B
@ Rutgers-O/W/O
@ Nebraska-O/W/O
Vs. Purdue-Grey Ghost
Vs. Minnesota-W/B/W
@ Wisconsin-B/W/W(Kinda Sorta remind them of this past year)
Vs. Iowa- O/B/W
@ IU- W/W/W
Vs. OSU-O/B/O
@ NW-O/W/O

Thoughts?

BZuppke

Plainfield
My Ideal Uniform Schedule for 2020
Vs. Ill. State-O/B/O
Vs. UConn-B/O/B(Never worn these)
Vs. Bowling Green-B/B/B
@ Rutgers-O/W/O
@ Nebraska-O/W/O
Vs. Purdue-Grey Ghost
Vs. Minnesota-W/B/W
@ Wisconsin-B/W/W(Kinda Sorta remind them of this past year)
Vs. Iowa- O/B/W
@ IU- W/W/W
Vs. OSU-O/B/O
@ NW-O/W/O

Thoughts?
What did we wear against Nebraska the last time we beat them, I thought it was orange jerseys, blue pants but can’t remember the helmet.