Illinois 120, Hampton 71 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin

:illinois:

Last edited:
Not much more needs to be said about this game but the final score. It's nice to blow out teams you're supposed to

1574564164311.png

Only thing I can say is that Trent didn’t score very much LOL-feels great to blow a team out. Need to be rolling when we face Miami.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Defense on that 29 foot Hampton three with 2 seconds left was terrible. Inexcusable. Where’s the coaching???

Other than that... pretty great game.
I didn’t like how they closed out that game, they had better be careful preparing for Lindenwood. 😛

No post game post can be without nitpicking. Frazier has to be more involved. He's either not being aggressive or he's inadvertently gotten phased out of the offense. If they want him to play the roll of distributor and a facilitator to find shots for others...ok, but it seems to be a waste of a high volume scorer.

Outside of the first half against Arizona....he's picture has been on the backs of some milk cartons.

1574564782959.png
Nice to have one of those every once in awhile. Griffin was fantastic obviously. Ayo is coming on, seemed alot more involved tonight with team, and the entire team scoring something was nice to see.

Deleted member 9739

D
I didn't get to see the game, but it looks like it was a nice win with a lot of players getting involved in the scoring.

Given that, can someone who saw the game fill me in on what the story was with Trent? Why did he only have 2 attempts in 24 minutes on the floor?

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
No post game post can be without nitpicking. Frazier has to be more involved. He's either not being aggressive or he's inadvertently gotten phased out of the offense. If they want him to play the roll of distributor and a facilitator to find shots for others...ok, but it seems to be a waste of a high volume scorer.

Outside of the first half against Arizona....he's picture has been on the backs of some milk cartons.

5 assists and two steals to go with great D. If AG, Ayo, Kofi, and Dre are going off....Trent is facilitating.

I didn't get to see the game, but it looks like it was a nice win with a lot of players getting involved in the scoring.

Given that, can someone who saw the game fill me in on what the story was with Trent? Why did he only have 2 attempts in 24 minutes on the floor?
He played a good defensive game, but didn't look to shoot. Nothing wrong. Plenty of others were making shots.

5 assists and two steals to go with great D. If AG, Ayo, Kofi, and Dre are going off....Trent is facilitating.
These early games are best used the define roles. That may be his. As a whole, it was a work of art. When you look at the stat sheet, it's like....wait a minute.

For a few years there, we relied on one or two people to score all are points. Underwoods first year the only player who would take a shot in crunch time was Frazier. Nice to see a team that is built around a lot of players willing and able to take a shot. Now if only we can get the threes to start falling a little earlier in a game.

Trent had a couple of assists and no shots in the first few minutes. BU sat him early (I believe it was before the under-16 timeout), just as a normal sub. By the time he came back the route was on and he seemed more interested in facilitating. He finally took a shot when he had an open three with under five on the shot clock, and buried it.

Never struck me as being passive.