Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

afpharmdawg

Colorado Springs
Unless we have proof Martin is crooked and was in Tilmon's ear. Somebody in ESL with video?

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
Can't we ask the NCAA to look into the tampering? The circumstantial evidence is hard to explain away.

afpharmdawg

Colorado Springs
I sure hope BU knows, I'm sure he does, how to operate in the gray. Toe the line.

HOOPDOG

Rock Island
One center on the roster next season was going to be tough, but no centers on the roster is going to be trouble!

Option 1: Keep Groce and Tilmon stays.

Option 2: Lose Tilmon but replace Groce with Underwood, while keeping Walker and adding Antigua to the staff, and keeping all the remaining commits.

I think you take option 2 every time and never look back.

Agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If true this has to be about Smith choosing Missouri and Tilmon jumping ship on that.

If this goes the way Missouri fans are hoping, their rotation next year will be

Mark Smith
Terrence Phillips
Kevin Knox
Michael Porter, Jr
Jeremiah Tilmon
Kevin Puryear
Jordan Barnett
Frankie Hughes

That's Duke/Kentucky territory in terms of raw talent.

If Antigua is as good a recruiter as I think he can be and we lose Tilmon today this will still go down as a hugely positive day for the future of the basketball program. I would like Tilmon to come but I REALLY want Antigua!

illiniCA

DC Area
Can't we ask the NCAA to look into the tampering? The circumstantial evidence is hard to explain away.

No one should overreact.

We should have expected to lose at least one recruit and one recruit should not make or break the long-term health of the program.

BirdDog9048

The Chief Lives
Chicago, IL

Mark Smith
Terrence Phillips
Kevin Knox
Michael Porter, Jr
Jeremiah Tilmon
Kevin Puryear
Jordan Barnett
Frankie Hughes

And community college territory in terms of coaching talent.

I sure hope BU knows, I'm sure he does, how to operate in the gray. Toe the line.

You don't coach with Huggins and Martin without razor sharp elbows. If Antigua is coming, you will need not worry about us playing hardball

IlliniRunIn07

Tampa, FL

Mark Smith
Terrence Phillips
Kevin Knox
Michael Porter, Jr
Jeremiah Tilmon
Kevin Puryear
Jordan Barnett
Frankie Hughes

And Akron territory when it comes to coaching chops.

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
If Antigua is as good a recruiter as I think he can be and we lose Tilmon today this will still go down as a hugely positive day for the future of the basketball program. I would like Tilmon to come but I REALLY want Antigua!

The news of the day is Orlando Antigua (hoping it's true), not Tilmon. It's not even close, really.

No need to get worked up about this stuff. How foolish do people who were obsessing over Cliff Alexander look now?

I agree with that. I think Tilmon's commitment was big for our program, and keeping him is a HUGE step towards the rebuild. All of that said, and I said this before, I am not convinced he is the player that we all want him to be. He will probably be a good player at some point in his career, but he isn't a program changer in my opinion.

Hopefully he changes his mind back to us, but it's clear he can't make up his mind as we've been dealing with his waffling ever since he originally committed. If he is willing to de-commit because a one year player and a mediocre coach are in his ear for a few weeks, it probably wouldn't have worked here anyway. I'm not convinced the Groce situation is anything more than an excuse to do something he would have done regardless.

Now Brad has to do a bit more work, and Cuonzo (likely) just has to learn how to coach.

HOOPDOG

Rock Island
No one should overreact.

We should have expected to lose at least one recruit and one recruit should not make or break the long-term health of the program.

If one is all we end up losing. I hope that's not the sound of Domino's falling. However, the news just came out, so I think I will wait and actually see what happens with this before really getting disappointed.

Mark Smith
Terrence Phillips
Kevin Knox
Michael Porter, Jr
Jeremiah Tilmon
Kevin Puryear
Jordan Barnett
Frankie Hughes

Hughes is transferring but the rest is the goal at this point. Blake Harris would be another name.

Status
Not open for further replies.