Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#4,677      

FeelTheLovie

Louisville, KY
Want so badly to celebrate this, but after the last few years I think I'll wait until tonight's announcement.

#4,679      

haasi

New York
Wow... this place has a hard time accepting good news?!

A- yes. B- especially weird about the Tilmon bits. Just strange to hear a somewhat reputable source say we still have a chance with him when that's basically just been the stuff of crazy internet rumors

#4,680      

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Want so badly to celebrate this, but after the last few years I think I'll wait until tonight's announcement.

I'm with you there. Got to hear it directly from Smith at 6p. Don't want to celebrate, and then have something unexpectedly change at the last minute.

#4,682      
Not buying into the Tate article… I still cannot escape the thought that the Smith family reached out to Michigan State… I know they wanted to test the waters but to reach out to a school and then receive an offer and then not commit seems a little unusual to me… My heart says Illinois but my head says Michigan State… I hope my heart wins

#4,683      
A- yes. B- especially weird about the Tilmon bits. Just strange to hear a somewhat reputable source say we still have a chance with him when that's basically just been the stuff of crazy internet rumors

"Illinois does not have to beg people to come...."

#4,685      
Not buying into the Tate article… I still cannot escape the thought that the Smith family reached out to Michigan State… I know they wanted to test the waters but to reach out to a school and then receive an offer and then not commit seems a little unusual to me… My heart says Illinois but my head says Michigan State… I hope my heart wins

I stopped buying into Tate 30 years ago. Him writing that Smith is likely coming IMO means he's going somewhere else.

#4,686      

haasi

New York
Nope... the NG is too conservative to act like a supermarket tabloid

tate never said it's a done deal, merely that it's expected, and as we all know, recruiting is fluid and we've had final day surprises before. i'll accept that it looks very likely that smith will sign, but it's not a done deal till he actually signs.

#4,690      

ansj64

Pinoy Illini
It is Wednesday 7:30pm now (in Hong Kong), I can tell you that Mark Smith has committed to Illinois. He will be weraring #42. Oops....

Hello. Am also in HK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4,691      
Any chance by end of the week we have a class of:

Frazier, Smith, Williams, Badocchi......? Or Do we stop there and roll over 2 more to 2018?

Any chance of a reclassification addition from somewhere?

#4,693      

frozenrope9190

Aurora, IL
Encouraging news. I would like to hear it from Smith first, though, before I get overly excited. But it is quite encouraging.

#4,696      

giphy.gif

#4,697      

Deleted member 186590

D
don''t think Loren takes this kind of risk without knowing something....

This. Loren has publicly said many times he's not a recruiting "insider" and tries to tell people he doesn't follow recruiting. So, if he's reporting it, word truly has "gotten out". Yes, things can change before 6pm, Izzo can call - he can have a change of heart, etc. but the fact that he cancelled is visits last weekend and how clogged MSU will be at PG makes a lot of sense for him to come here.

Obviously Huge get by BU and frankly Walker needed this too. I'm more more excited about our team next year because of this, although I'm still not sure who's going to get a rebound. Smith might literally have to pull a Westbrook for us to be competitive next year.

#4,698      

618 Illini

Chicago
Stating that Tilmon privately agreed to Miznoz and that Smith is expected to commit to Illini seem like rather aggressive comments. He must either be pretty confident or not care about the hit to his credibility if he is wrong.

I would like to hear more leaks of Orange and Blue skies as the day moves ahead. I will be refreshing this site until 6pm...

#4,700      

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
Encouraging news. I would like to hear it from Smith first, though, before I get overly excited. But it is quite encouraging.

That's my feeling too. Cautiously optimistic.

I'll be at church when this goes dow (for a business meeting). I'm not going to ask Him to intercede, at least for this. But I will check just as soon as the meeting is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.