Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#4,701      
When I was 18, if my dad told me he wanted to do something, that was the kiss of death to that something. Also, did Ms ever take an OV to MSU? Just throwing that out there. Come on 6 pm.😎

#4,702      
Waiting to hear it from a smith. No disrespect to Tate or anyone else. Then I will look to see when he signs LOI, only then will I truely know.

#4,704      

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
Partial qualifiers no longer exist in Div I, only Div II. Source

Sort of but not really because instead of being called a PQ you are an academic redshirt. Same idea.

Academic redshirt: For student-athletes who enroll at a Division I school after Aug. 1, 2016. You may practice with your team during your first semester of full-time college enrollment and receive an athletics scholarship during your first year of full-time college enrollment but you may not compete during your first year of full-time college enrollment.

#4,706      

BirdDog9048

The Chief Lives
Chicago, IL
Sort of but not really because instead of being called a PQ you are an academic redshirt. Same idea.
The difference is that their (academic redshirts') academic progress is measured after their first semester in college. If it's not up to snuff, they can't practice during second semester.

#4,708      

Illiniwek06

N of I-80
Que?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7qNTrHN.gif

#4,709      
Loren scooping everyone.... interesting. Also interesting tidbit on Tilmon buried in that story.

IDK- It just seems weird to me that the story is completely non-sourced. He just makes these statements in the article with absolutely no backing. The "done deal" talk is based on word around Edwardsville?? And Tate just casually passes over the fact that Tilmon privately agreed to attend Missouri? Even unnamed sources would lend a bit more credibility to the article.

To make those statements, you would have to feel pretty confident that they are true. If you are that confident, you must have good sources. If you have good sources, then you should be able to at least generally cite them.

#4,710      
Sorry all I'm not waiting till 6:00! I'm celebrating now. Yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!! Whoo Hoooo!!!!!!! Awesome news and great to have MS joining the Illini family!!!!!!

Can't help it just feel like celebrating this one!! I've seen plenty of highs and lows on this board for around 12 years now. Nothing to lose so I'm choosing to be positive on this.

The confidence toughness and enthusiasm coming from these new recruits is going to be so fun to watch!!!!

Great day to be an Illini fan!

#4,711      

Deleted member 8213

D
Snuck into the bakery over in Edwardsville last night and got a pic of the cake...

900_712342lwYi_illini-cake.jpg

Woot woot!

#4,712      
Sorry all I'm not waiting till 6:00! I'm celebrating now. Yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!! Whoo Hoooo!!!!!!! Awesome news and great to have MS joining the Illini family!!!!!!

Can't help it just feel like celebrating this one!! I've seen plenty of highs and lows on this board for around 12 years now. Nothing to lose so I'm choosing to be positive on this.

The confidence toughness and enthusiasm coming from these new recruits is going to be so fun to watch!!!!

Great day to be an Illini fan!

This is worrying

#4,713      

Trakis

Chicago, IL
Seems weird that the cake would have the chief on it. just my opinion.

#4,716      

illinidday

Dallas, TX
Seems weird that the cake would have the chief on it. just my opinion.

You think that goldie actually snuck into a bakery and that it's an actual picture of the cake for Smith's announcement?

#4,719      

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
The difference is that their (academic redshirts') academic progress is measured after their first semester in college. If it's not up to snuff, they can't practice during second semester.

And they literally have all the resources of the athletic department making sure they are "up to snuff". I think any student-athlete would have to try to not be "up to snuff" as you put it. All of that gets ratcheted up to even a higher level when you are talking a prospect like JT. Any school would get him eligible for the second semester.

#4,723      

davesworld

Athens
I literally dreamed MS chose tOSU but that we did get Badocci and CB. Can you tell i really want MS in O&B, too. At least my dream gave us a decent coupe

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#4,724      

ratdawg

ratdawg
Harrisburg Ilinois
Ive seen that picture of the cake before. lol. nice

I think we get Mark Smith. But life won't be over if we don't . Not really hurting for Cliff alexanders 7.1 points a game right now:tsk:
:chief::illinois::shield::illinois::chief:

#4,725      

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
IDK- It just seems weird to me that the story is completely non-sourced. He just makes these statements in the article with absolutely no backing. The "done deal" talk is based on word around Edwardsville?? And Tate just casually passes over the fact that Tilmon privately agreed to attend Missouri? Even unnamed sources would lend a bit more credibility to the article.

To make those statements, you would have to feel pretty confident that they are true. If you are that confident, you must have good sources. If you have good sources, then you should be able to at least generally cite them.

Tate is a crazy old dude but doesn't typically go out of his way to make bold statements like this. Chances are he has the information to write that article. He has been in the business too long to just be throwing something out there to see if it sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.