Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker was the lead recruiter on JCL, Williams, Frazier(I believe), Finke, Leron.... To name a few. Those are pretty dang good recruits. His job was not kept just because of JT. Hes a solid recruiter.

Yeah, I'm here. I had removed the cup and everything, but I'm actually numb to this. After all of the drama surrounding him, I'm just over it.

Let's watch him go lose for Martin while we trend up. Win games - secure recruits. It'll happen soon.

I hope you are right. I'm ready to see BU build some relationships with the '18 and '19 classes.

BLloyd2311

Los Angeles
I just got a funny feeling Smith and Tillman wanna play with Porter. He the #1 pick in next years draft NBA scouts will be at every game. Conzo putting together a squad! Damn.

I would be fretting this a lot more if Antigua wasn't apparently on the way. It will be interesting to see what roster looks like this fall, cause it is going to change quite a bit.

Kiir 25 minutes per game just opened up at Big 10 school. Want it?

UofI08

Chicago
Option 1: Keep Groce and Tilmon stays.

Option 2: Lose Tilmon but replace Groce with Underwood, while keeping Walker and adding Antigua to the staff, and keeping all the remaining commits.

I think you take option 2 every time and never look back.

Tilmon was never here to begin with. I'd love for him to stay....but I don't see it happening.

Yeah- I'm not that upset. I just don't understand how he recommits and then reverses course so fast. But whatever. He never seemed that committed since the day he hesitated to sign. At least theres no more getting jerked around.

FeelTheLovie

Louisville, KY
I'd care less if there were more bigs still on the board. He doesn't fit the kind of guys BU would want anyways. He want some stardom and fame and it wouldn't have worked.

I just got a funny feeling Smith and Tillman wanna play with Porter. He the #1 pick in next years draft NBA scouts will be at every game. Conzo putting together a squad! Damn.

Best squad $400,000 can buy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Option 2: Lose Tilmon but replace Groce with Underwood, while keeping Walker and adding Antigua to the staff, and keeping all the remaining commits.

+1

Agreed 100%. Still doesn't make this any less of a gut-punch when he heads to Miznoz.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
I'm sure with the release, Tillmon will rise back up the rankings to a 5 star recruit in the top 20... smh.

If he doesn't want to stay, his choice.

The chance to play with the #1 recruit in the nation.

They played AAU together as 9th and 10th graders for MOKAN. If a change is made by Tilmon, Porter will be the sole reason for the change.

The info I shared was correct. Brad got played to keep Walker his job.

Wait, so he likes Walker enough to "play" a school so that he keeps his job, but not enough to actually play for him?? That doesn't seem to match up.

UGH, what a bummer. Tilmon will be really good. :(

Anyone think there's any chance we can keep him? The optimist in me says Cuonzo could be given all the talent in the world and we'll still be coming into the Braggin' Rights Game thinking we can win (again), so .... :chief::cool:

Deleted member 8213

D
So apologies to Jerry Meyer. If this has been in the wind for some time as has been mentioned in places, then the Kiir predictions make sense as well. Back in the fall he seemed to shy away from the Illini offer because he wanted more PT then we was likely to get coming in alongside Tilmon. Hope we get him. Conzou putting together an impact class, but in the long run we have the better coach.

BirdDog9048

The Chief Lives
Chicago, IL
I think it's probably safe to say that the Braggin' Rights attendance issues have been solved...

afpharmdawg

Colorado Springs
This confirms, in my mind, my opinion that Martin is a cheat. It may have been through Porter, Jr, but still. IMO something does not smell quite right.

Porter was never coming here and the Illini will play Porter a grand total of 1 time ever

34ys0le.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.