Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#3,376      
I think we'd all enjoy Black Dog, but I assume they want to keep him on campus near students as much as possible.
Is there a helopad near Blackdog? Might be a good way to break up day with lunch and a low level tour and return to campus. ...or maybe an idea for future recruits?

#3,377      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
For goodness sake, there are good restaurants in Champaign now!

I know these are 17 year olds who probably don't have adventurous tastes, but still. You're telling me Mark Smith wouldn't enjoy Black Dog?

IMO, if you take a recruit off campus during a visit, you're doing it wrong. The size and continuity of Campustown is a pretty big "pro."

#3,381      

sacraig

The desert
IMO, if you take a recruit off campus during a visit, you're doing it wrong. The size and continuity of Campustown is a pretty big "pro."

It really is. I went elsewhere for graduate school and that campus was really laid out for driving everywhere.

#3,383      

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
Could be nothing at all, but Smith has started to "like" a fair number of Illinois posts today. That, with the crystal ball switch, including Meyer, will probably force me to check back a little more frequently.

#3,384      

Deleted member 8213

D
pow0101.jpg

#3,385      
You guys all realize that these crystal balls are switching because it's Smith is visiting today correct? So if Smith actually commits today, they will all be right! And if he leaves today without committing, no harm done and they can just switch their pick again this weekend.

I was going to comment on this too. It's not like information is being leaked to real time.

"I really like the setup of these dorms. Excuse me coach while I call the Michigan St reporter and tell them I'm swinging back this way."

#3,386      
I'm still calling it M. Smith to Kentucky...sorry guys. He just lights up when it talks about Kentucky and Calipari. Recent UK commitments don't matter to him...straight from the horse's mouth. Hope I'm wrong.

#3,387      

ILLINIFAN2

Des Moines, IA
Doesn't sound as if he committed on site, perhaps on his way home via twitter!

#3,388      

sacraig

The desert
I'm still calling it M. Smith to Kentucky...sorry guys. He just lights up when it talks about Kentucky and Calipari. Recent UK commitments don't matter to him...straight from the horse's mouth. Hope I'm wrong.

247 claims that UK never actually offered him, though his page also doesn't appear to be entirely up to date, either.

#3,389      
For goodness sake, there are good restaurants in Champaign now!

I know these are 17 year olds who probably don't have adventurous tastes, but still. You're telling me Mark Smith wouldn't enjoy Black Dog?

As an outsider (who also didn't go to school in CU), I'd make sure every recruit saw both Campustown and Downtown Champaign ... the existence (and continuing integration) of both makes Champaign seem a much more complete and cooler community.

Even if you wanted to go somewhere bland, isn't there literally a brand new, huge sports bar in Campustown now??

#3,392      

Dren1

Glenview, IL

;)

#3,398      

The Galloping Ghost

Washington, DC
Paraphrasing without the run-on sentence, hard to follow syntax, ellipsis, or thinly veiled insults: Smith is a modern lead guard in a position-less basketball era. Going further, the original poster wasn't actually comparing Lucas' shooting to Smith.

Dude, thank you for that!

#3,399      

Sorry, but you're wrong. KY might be glamorous to him, but he lights up over ILLINOIS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.