Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#3,651      

Deleted member 8213

D
Do we now have the BEST coach in the BIG? :)

tenor.gif

#3,655      

Deleted member 4723

D
Because by sheer force of shouting into the void, I'm going to talk Underwood into the correct philosophy for the program. And if I do, he's more than a good enough coach to make the last 12 years a strange, distant memory.

He's hopefully both a good enough coach to do it anyway, and a smart enough one to tweak things without listening to my nonsense. Hopefully.

Thanks for the second paragraph - I think.

:illinois:

#3,657      
Ryan Evan pretty much saying that if it is up to Mark Smith that he is ours.....if up to Dad maybe not...

Ryan Evan‏ @ESPN1050_Ryan 2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @jeffhasken
Keep faith man. This ain't over at all Man. It's a thorough and long process. Mark truly loves illinois. If her gets what He wants. ����
0 replies 0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Liked 1

#3,658      

SalukiIllini

Evansville, IN
Ryan Evan pretty much saying that if it is up to Mark Smith that he is ours.....if up to Dad maybe not...

More
Replying to @jeffhasken
Keep faith man. This ain't over at all Man. It's a thorough and long process. Mark truly loves illinois. If her gets what He wants. ����
Reply Retweet
Liked 1

Also said last night he wasn't going to OSU either

#3,659      

More
Replying to @jeffhasken
Reply Retweet
Liked 1

That guy has terrible grammar and proof reading skills.

#3,661      
Also said last night he wasn't going to OSU either

ever think because that is what Mark Smith or an Illini coach told him after the visit? According to what I am hearing the kid loves us and wanted to cancel OSU visit but Dad said no, so this isn't hard for me to believe at all.

We will see. We need this kid. Might be our most important recruit in 10 years, IMO..

#3,663      
That guy has terrible grammar and proof reading skills.

LOL I can't even read/understand half the tweets I read. It is like another damn language to me. Others will be like did you see what that guy just said in his Tweet and I am like yeah he said he wanted a sandwich. Then I am told no, no he was saying the he loves the Illini and is going to sign next Tuesday. LOL I am old.

#3,664      
As a parent.....

More
Replying to @jeffhasken
Reply Retweet
Liked 1

that has 3 kids playing college sports. I thought it was my job to get my kids as much information and as many opportunities as I could. Took them each to multiple visits....pointed out the good/bad (at least from my perspective) of each school. But, at the end of the day, it needed to be their decision. They were going to spend the 4 years at the school. If they didn't play...or played....I didn't want them to ever be able to come back to me that I forced them into a school they didn't like. Of the 3, probably 1 went to the school I would have chosen. Hopefully, Mark's parents are doing their due diligence....pointing out the pluses and minuses of each situation. Also, hopefully, after their process is complete, they let their son make his own decision.

#3,665      
According to Werner, Smith's dad didn't go on the visit with Mark to Illinois...

#3,667      
that has 3 kids playing college sports. I thought it was my job to get my kids as much information and as many opportunities as I could. Took them each to multiple visits....pointed out the good/bad (at least from my perspective) of each school. But, at the end of the day, it needed to be their decision. They were going to spend the 4 years at the school. If they didn't play...or played....I didn't want them to ever be able to come back to me that I forced them into a school they didn't like. Of the 3, probably 1 went to the school I would have chosen. Hopefully, Mark's parents are doing their due diligence....pointing out the pluses and minuses of each situation. Also, hopefully, after their process is complete, they let their son make his own decision.
agreed

#3,670      

jmilt7

Waukegan
LOL I can't even read/understand half the tweets I read. It is like another damn language to me. Others will be like did you see what that guy just said in his Tweet and I am like yeah he said he wanted a sandwich. Then I am told no, no he was saying the he loves the Illini and is going to sign next Tuesday. LOL I am old.

:thumb:

I thought I was the only one since I am beyond the tweeting age.

#3,671      
Just sit right back
and I'll tell you a tale
a tale of of a fateful ship...
That started in Edwardsville,
ending with Blue Blood trips..
Smith was a mighty baller,
with handles and a shot so sure.
nearly 20 offers came by day,
campus visits and more tours,
campus visits and more tours...

The Blue Blood started coming on...
but this Recruit was not to be lost
If not for a cute cheerleader,
Frazier may not have been here like most,
Frazier may not have been here like most,

The kids been on the visits,
He came around after awhile...
With Antigua,
the new coach too,
Four star guards, and some wings
Tilmon not for sure..
JCL and Lucas
And a Kipper too
Here on Smith's
Recruiting Isle...

So this is a tale of our beloved ILLINI
Were here for them all the time...
BU will make the best of things..
It will be an uphill climb,

Williams, Black and Kipper too
Will do their very best...
To split their minutes across the board...
So we can outrun all the rest...

No Tilmon, No Pickett, not Groce no more
Not a single 5 star recruit...
Like a Gatling Gun ablaze...
All we'll do is SHOOT!!

So join us here after each game my friends,
I am sure we will chat and smile...
and wonder what the last 10 years would have been,
If our coach could have recruited, taught, or won even once in awhile!!!

Enjoy the weekend!!!!

#3,674      

icengineer

Southern Illinois
Because by sheer force of shouting into the void, I'm going to talk Underwood into the correct philosophy for the program. And if I do, he's more than a good enough coach to make the last 12 years a strange, distant memory.

He's hopefully both a good enough coach to do it anyway, and a smart enough one to tweak things without listening to my nonsense. Hopefully.

Don't worry, you won't lack for an audience. There are plenty of folks around here listening to your nonsense, lol.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.