Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#5,852      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
[FONT=&quot]I know Playaz already posted this but it's worth watching again. He scored 50 points against Prolific Prep, a team that went 29-2 and included Gary Trent Jr, Paul Scruggs and Abu Kagib. As a commentor said below this video on YouTube he's currently 4th in EYBL scoring behind Bagley, Bol Bol, and RJ Barrett. And he's just a Junior. Tough crowd today.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][YOUTUBE]qXLgKB9UEJE[/YOUTUBE][/FONT]
Uh, yeah. He's got great handles and body control. Like how he scores in traffic and has excellent range.

#5,853      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Brazdeikis has a very strong, tight dribble. Guys that big at that age usually don't. He doesn't have Zion's explosiveness, but he's a good athlete. He's a kid I'm really high on. He'd be an All-American at Wisconsin.

giphy.gif

#5,855      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
Uh, yeah. He's got great handles and body control. Like how he scores in traffic and has excellent range.

He's got great feet. Very fluid movement. A lot of guy his size have very heavy feet. He doesn't. He moves his feet like a point guard.

#5,857      
He'd be an All-American at Wisconsin.

Hmm. He doesn't have a Wisconsin offer. He's not from any of the areas Wisconsin usually recruits. Not sure Wisconsin is even involved in his recruitment. I wonder what it was that you saw on his video that made you immediately associate this player with Wisconsin....

#5,859      

icengineer

Southern Illinois
[FONT=&quot]I know Playaz already posted this but it's worth watching again. He scored 50 points against Prolific Prep, a team that went 29-2 and included Gary Trent Jr, Paul Scruggs and Abu Kagib. As a commentor said below this video on YouTube he's currently 4th in EYBL scoring behind Bagley, Bol Bol, and RJ Barrett. And he's just a Junior. Tough crowd today.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

He's one of those guys that is just a Player by the looks of it. Nothing makes you go WOW! but he just scores in a non ESPN highlight sort of way.

#5,860      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
Hmm. He doesn't have a Wisconsin offer. He's not from any of the areas Wisconsin usually recruits. Not sure Wisconsin is even involved in his recruitment. I wonder what it was that you saw on his video that made you immediately associate this player with Wisconsin....

He has a lot of Sam Dekker in him.

#5,863      

Rob07

San Francisco

Good fundamentals. Not an elite athlete, but he's got a high motor. Scrappy. Coach's son with a high basketball IQ.

I'm sure I missed a few.

#5,864      
Good fundamentals. Not an elite athlete, but he's got a high motor. Scrappy. Coach's son with a high basketball IQ.

I'm sure I missed a few.

Aka the way that people describe most white athletes. High motor, good fundamentals, etc. seem to have become coded language for talking about white guys who excel in sports.

We need to cut this sort of thing out.

#5,865      

IlliniDent

Chicago, IL
Aka the way that people describe most white athletes. High motor, good fundamentals, etc. seem to have become coded language for talking about white guys who excel in sports.

We need to cut this sort of thing out.

I mean how else would you describe his game?

#5,866      
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

This kid is really good and I don't see anything wrong with his athleticism. Sign me up.

#5,871      
I mean how else would you describe his game?

I think you are just supposed to say he's a white guy who excels at sports.:D

Sorry, I just hate when people look for something to get offended about.

#5,873      
FB to illini tomorrow? Hope he likes to run more than move really slow.:illinois:

Wonder what JT gonna do. We running out of schollys ::confused::confused:

:shield::shield::shield:

#5,874      
FB to illini tomorrow? Hope he likes to run more than move really slow.:illinois:

Wonder what JT gonna do. We running out of schollys ::confused::confused:

:shield::shield::shield:

I do not think I would call , having at LEAST 2 left on May first running out of them, But yeah I guess its less then having 6

#5,875      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
I don't think anyone is offended, I just think it's lazy and misleading.

The kid's game is pretty dribble drive based, that isn't really a fit for Wisconsin at all. It's a great fit for us.

Not the point, but if you want to make more out of it than what it is, have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.