Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#5,876      
FB to illini tomorrow? Hope he likes to run more than move really slow.:illinois:

Wonder what JT gonna do. We running out of schollys ::confused::confused:

:shield::shield::shield:

Hearing that FB is a lock. Loved the program, and even his parents flew in from Italy to join him for his OV.

Tilmon is a very interesting case right now. From what I have heard Tilmon likes that Smith is on board and that definitely helps our chances. If Tilmon decides to come back, that will be the last player for this class. Smith is recruiting him pretty hard as well, but I don't know if that will be enough.

Goodwin also had a very interesting tweet today, https://twitter.com/jGoodwin1123/status/858782272622931969
I don't know if he is talking about SLU or not, but it is interesting that SLU only has 2 commits for '17 right now and Tilmon would make 3?

#5,878      
Also, I don't expect Carte'Are Gordon to be committed to SLU through this summer. Porters' are in his ear, along with Kansas.

#5,882      
Not the point, but if you want to make more out of it than what it is, have at it.

When's the last time anyone here has said that a player who wasn't white would be a good fit at Wisconsin?

S&C actually gave examples as to why he thinks he would be a better fit here.

#5,883      
From what I've watched of him, I think he reminds me of Doug Altenberger, with a little more size. I think if you look at the historical years of us winning, there was someone like him coming off the bench and being a steady player, putting up points and giving his all, yet always not the gifted athlete. The word that best reflects him is consistent, unlike our play over the last 6 years.

Wow, I was wrong. Last video was uninspiring, but he's awesome here!

#5,884      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
When's the last time anyone here has said that a player who wasn't white would be a good fit at Wisconsin?

I can't control how others extrapolate anyone else's words, and if he or you want to continue mucking up the thread, be my guest. I won't take part. I've been banned plenty of times by Dan in the past and I'm not looking for another. My last comment on this ignorance. Basketball only from this point forward.

#5,885      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal

kobra-kai-o.gif

#5,886      
I think we should have a thread where we can put all of our recruits videos into for easy referencing. It time consuming going through all these pages trying to find them

Its fairly easy to find them just go to You tube and type in who ever your trying to see stuff on

#5,887      
White , Black , Blue , Green, Red, or even yellow with sprinkles who cares, I just want players who will help us win in every sport.

#5,892      
Good fundamentals. Not an elite athlete, but he's got a high motor. Scrappy. Coach's son with a high basketball IQ.

I'm sure I missed a few.

He reminds me of the guy of Thomas Walkup a bit, from the relatively little I've seen of both. Obviously BU can do well with that kind of player.

#5,893      

I actually took it as a non 5 or 4 or even 3 star. S & C gave examples eventually, but it only takes reading his first couple comments to see what he was fishing for someone to say.

I'm not mucking this thread up any more either....but if a new recruit's sister gets a bunch more followers...I am blaming this thread.:)

#5,894      

Rob07

San Francisco
Aka the way that people describe most white athletes. High motor, good fundamentals, etc. seem to have become coded language for talking about white guys who excel in sports.

That was exactly what I was going for and I fear it was missed :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.