Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Jones that moves the needle greatly to adding excitement, great athlete. But next years team needs toughness. Getting a Trice for 2 years would help Ebo, Matic, Giorgi, and Kane.

Jones, would be a great get. He can shoot, gets to the basket, has a pull up jumper, athletic. This is the kind of guy you want playin the wing.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Significant CB for Okoro to Purdue from Brian Snow.

Must....maintain.....composure

giphy.gif

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Jones, would be a great get. He can shoot, gets to the basket, has a pull up jumper, athletic. This is the kind of guy you want playin the wing.

I hadn't really watched his highlights yet. I don't typically watch the mixtapes of prospects until Illinois has a realistic chance, but I just checked him out (which I guess means I'm all in). Pretty impressive length and athleticism. Pretty wiry, but he and Ayo are going to give Illinois some real size that Trent and Damonte don't have. Can't teach size.

I know all the talk is about our 2018 class, and some 2019 talk with EJ Liddel, but some news about the future and the class of 2021.

Max Christie is a 6'4" do it all PG at Rolling Meadows (NW suburb of Chicago, I teach there as well and announce games) that is going to most likely be rated the #1 prospect in the state for class of 2021, and top 25 nationally when rankings first come out in June......but I will say this now, he won't be going to Illinois. I will tell you right now, on April 2 2018, that he will go to Duke or Northwestern. Yes you heard that right...his mom played at Northwestern (and is still taller than Max) and he loves NU. Scheyer also just texted his head coach (who I also played for and coached under) about getting together to talk about him when he gets back into town next week.

He is an incredible kid with high academic achievement to go with his basketball skills. I am hoping BU will be able to change his mind, but I am very hard pressed to see that happening

Just being hypothetical here but in the event that we lose out on Okoro who are some of the plan b guys for that class. I know Underwood watched Jalen Shaw a couple times, but are there any others.

ritster

Wheaton, IL
Well, if he's keeping to his April 11th timeline and he hasn't visited anybody since his Illinois visit, i'd say there's reason to be optimistic.

How many times does a recruit (1) visit school X, (2) announce a decision date, (3) not take any additional visits, and (4) commit to somebody other than school X?

It happens, yes. But they seem to be the exception rather than the rule from what I can remember.

I remember Julian Wright committing to Kansas without a visit. Being Kansas is not in this recruitment, I feel better about it

There is a video announcement..Looks as if it was retracted in most places (e.g. CBS)

Last edited by a moderator:

haasi

New York
Does this mean he’s going to Notre Dame? :)

That Smiley was for you TC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Entirely possible he put the segment together not knowing the outcome but having the video ready to post as soon as the news broke that he was Illini bound, or deleted if he chose to go elsewhere.

Dan

Admin
Entirely possible he put the segment together not knowing the outcome but having the video ready to post as soon as the news broke that he was Illini bound, or deleted if he chose to go elsewhere.
Good point..whatever the case the vid was posted prematurely, they're trying to get it off youtube & I've been asked to take down the vid links. Understand this is a weird situation but plz let's just let this play out..Thank you & Go Illini

Last edited:
Good point..whatever the case the vid was posted prematurely & I've been asked to take down the vid links, let's please just let this play out..Thank you & Go Illini

get if off youtube too.....

foby

Bonnaroo Land
wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo

If it is real

Who was the last Cali recruit we got in bball? I want to say there was one guy named Quintin or something that Bruce got but he never ended up playing due to grades I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.