Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,101      

sdfidaho

Boise, Idaho
I'm positive he can transform us into a high voltage offense down the line, but it's important to stay grounded and avoid the negative, so for the current time I'm staying neutral.

“Mr. Mom”...Michael Keaton reference.
And a well placed one I might add....

#1,102      
Ryan Taylor, Evansville 5th year, announces he's headed to Evanston. Was MVC's leading scorer and shot 42% from three. We had some interest in him at one point.

#1,104      

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
I think some of the characteristics that BU is looking for, based on his past comments are:

1) Winning mentality
2) Length and the ability to affect passing lanes on defense
3) Passing ability
4) Bulldog mentality (mentally tough)

I think all 6 of these recruits have most of these qualities. We didn't seem to have great passers last season and that hurt us running BU's offense. Whether that was a trust issue with teammates, or a Basketball IQ problem and not finding the cutter early enough, I don't know.

I'm excited for this coming season. I absolutely think that Ebo will be able to provide us with more than 5 ppg at the 4/5 and if Kane comes along, might even give us a few minutes a game together with some height and athleticism from our bigs.

I think this current roster gives us a ton of flexibility in the different lineups we can put on the floor at any one time.

#1,106      
I wonder why Mack doesn't like Ramey?
This may make some players to think twice about dragging out recruitment. Particularly with a higher number of transfers annually. Yes, I know CR had already went with L-ville. But may waited too long as his top 10 is getting narrowed down by others decisions.

220, 221, whatever it takes

Loved that movie back in the day.

Sounds like Ole Miss is the latest school to chase our recruit list:
Hinson & Calloo were a couple of Davis's first targets. He was doing an in home a couple of days after getting hired with BH.

#1,107      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
And his recruitment is either red hot or nonexistent, depending on how you want to look at it.

And there seems to be both good and bad film on him.

:noidea:

From pulling together bits and pieces, he seems like a guy that has a lot of talent, but maybe not a high motor or the drive to improve his game. He was really highly ranked as an underclassman, but has fallen a ton. Kind of reminds me of DJ Williams in that sense.

Personally, I wouldn't take him. I would focus on other targets like Golden (who looks really intriguing) or Hinson. The issue with Hinson is that he really isn't a forward. He's a big kid (although he's slimmed down a lot), but he's really a wing and a shooter. With Griffin and Jones already on the board, I'm not sure the staff is prioritizing Hinson.

#1,108      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
I think some of the characteristics that BU is looking for, based on his past comments are:

1) Winning mentality
2) Length and the ability to affect passing lanes on defense
3) Passing ability
4) Bulldog mentality (mentally tough)

w4RsOXD.jpg

#1,109      
Do not think this has been posted yet.
@coreyevans_10
Follow Follow @coreyevans_10
More
St. John's will host 2018 Oak Hill big man Maurice Calloo for an official visit on April 27, per source

#1,111      
I agree. Mav contributed a lot on the offensive end, but was a liability on the defensive end. And that's being kind.
And yet he was better than any big we had on the roster last year, probably considerably so, because our inside D stunk this past year.

#1,112      
And yet he was better than any big we had on the roster last year, probably considerably so, because our inside D stunk this past year.

Not sure I see a problem when your conference opponents shoot 60% from inside the arc.:D

#1,113      
I'm positive he can transform us into a high voltage offense down the line, but it's important to stay grounded and avoid the negative, so for the current time I'm staying neutral.
Man it sounds like this Conduit guy is shockingly good. I'm guessing sparks could be flying soon since Underwood never even recruited him. I guess we should have checked him out rather than the Conditt kid from Chicago.

#1,115      

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
Really? I find your comments somewhat shocking. I mean, I was amped up when we were recruiting Conduit but that pretty much short-circuited when he selected the Cyclones. And I watched him play this past year. He's no excitement generator.

I'll be direct, current expectations as they are. We really need to get this thing wired, someone we can plug in anywhere, alternating currently. I don't know why the resistance.

#1,122      
My comparison for Georgi would be a more skilled Jack Ingram. I think he will be that type of player in the end. Very excited to see him play.

#1,123      
So what happens when Okoro reclassifies and comes to Illinois and Ramey also picks Illinois? Matic or SpicyG get forced out?

Status
Not open for further replies.