Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,352      
I posted in more detail back on page 9 of this thread comparing Ayo's potential Freshman year to other recruits in his ranking range over the past few years. What I came away with was we should probably look for around 25 minutes, 10 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists so I don't think you are too far off.
If he is our starting PG next year, I sure hope we get more than 2 assists per game out of him or we could have problems. If he is a break 'em down slasher, he should get plenty of opportunities to kick out to shooters and get assists. Tejon, being a true PG didn't get enough assists last year and he was over 3, so Ayo, again, providing he is getting starter's minutes, needs to be at 4 or better. Trent is certainly more of a shoot-first guard. Maybe Feliz ends up being the one getting the 4-5 apg.

#1,357      

haasi

New York
First real video of Giorgi I've seen.

That is one large slice of human being.

That video actually reminds me a bit of Mav. Looks like he has reasonable skills and good feel but the college game is likely to be about 1000x too quick and athletic for him at the outset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,358      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
I thought he used his body well when driving. Nice to see

Nice ball handling and shooting stroke as well. If Giorgi can compete physically, he'll be a contributor over the coming years.

#1,361      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
First real video of Giorgi I've seen.

That is one large slice of human being.

Now he get's to see what B1G orange cones are like!

JJR5L4S.gif

#1,364      

Deleted member 29907

D
That video actually reminds me a bit of Mav. Looks like he has reasonable skills and good feel but the college game is likely to be about 1000x too quick and athletic for him at the outset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mav his sr year in college? or Mav his sr year in HS? I don't recall Mav every putting the ball through his legs on the outside or using a hesitation dribble... I am seeing alot more ball skill potential - of course that has to be applied to the college D, but at least the basis is there. How many times did Happ just semi-slow dribble us to the basket?

#1,367      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
More of a 4 than a 5. Looks like very much a face-up game player and has been said to be a good passer.

WAMV (Wins Above Matic Vesel) remains to be seen.

S&C your posts are on point this morn! :thumb:

Edit: And stand by for WATL for El General!

Status
Not open for further replies.