Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,976      
Syracuse is going on Wed. to check out 2018 6'9" PF Robert Braswell. Must be something in Golden that just isn't right for them to be searching elsewhere.

#1,977      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Syracuse is going on Wed. to check out 2018 6'9" PF Robert Braswell. Must be something in Golden that just isn't right for them to be searching elsewhere.

Eh, wouldn't read that much into it. #NeverStopRecruiting

#1,979      
Good video find! Hadn't seen that one.

He schools Oregon-bound 7'3" 5* Bol Bol about 5 times in that Findley Prep game, including a nice offensive rebound and putback. His ability to finish around the rim and shoot that quick-release jumper off the pick and pop are really impressive.

I know Okoro is a beast, but I want Golden even more (yea, I said it). He would fit so well in the pinch post or setting that ball-screen for a curling ballhandler where he could pop out for a three or slip toward the basket for a dunk. Golden would be an impact player right away. He just opens up so many possibilities in that offense that we just don't have the personnel for right now.

This!!!

#1,980      

Deleted member 29907

D
Good video find! Hadn't seen that one.

He schools Oregon-bound 7'3" 5* Bol Bol about 5 times in that Findley Prep game, including a nice offensive rebound and putback. His ability to finish around the rim and shoot that quick-release jumper off the pick and pop are really impressive.

I know Okoro is a beast, but I want Golden even more (yea, I said it). He would fit so well in the pinch post or setting that ball-screen for a curling ballhandler where he could pop out for a three or slip toward the basket for a dunk. Golden would be an impact player right away. He just opens up so many possibilities in that offense that we just don't have the personnel for right now.

Bol Bol had MS type lateral quickness ;) (wait, sorry wrong thread)

I know these are highlights but looks closer to 4* to me than 3. At least high 3*.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,986      
Anyone else think that Markese Jacobs gets recruited over by Kansas and ends up back on the market before it's all said and done?
Undersized, freak athlete, has some Sherron Collins in him. I don't know if he will decommit. However they do tend to recycle guards every year and has had someone in the pipeline via transfer the past few years.

#1,988      
#1,992      
Undersized, freak athlete, has some Sherron Collins in him. I don't know if he will decommit. However they do tend to recycle guards every year and has had someone in the pipeline via transfer the past few years.

He isn't half the shooter that Sherron was which can be a problem for undersized guards no matter how much of a freak athlete they may be.

#1,995      

Hands Malone

Quad-Cities, IL
Ramey camp is taking too long, and programs are making recruiting hay while the sun shines. Door after door being closed before him. I definitely understand why Louisville is suddenly not such an ugly option after all - process of elimination.

Louisville has always been his first choice. Just had to see who the coach was going to be.

#1,996      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
If the truth is even in the same family as these whispers than color me intrigued.

2l8ZlQy.gif

#1,999      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
Maybe I just don't know what I'm watching, but Golden doesn't seem like a Boheim kind of guy to me. It seems like he's always favored the long, thin guys to cause havoc in his zone. Regardless, there's nothing more certain than the reality that if he comes to UI he'll be a role player and if he goes anywhere else he'll be an All-American.

#2,000      
Anyone else think that Markese Jacobs gets recruited over by Kansas and ends up back on the market before it's all said and done?

Definitely a possibility.

Chin and BU will be all over the Fire during the Live Period, if Jacobs opens up BU will be on it.

Best case scenario we take Jacobs, and Whitney for '19 and Okoro re-classes to '18.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.