Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
YES!

This one is big. Skilled, long, athletic, wing. Kid checks all the boxes.

Hot soup!

giphy.gif

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
So now that he has committed and it's official, what was the stuff from an hour ago with the video and scrubbing? Did the video come out early on accident and so he had to pull the trigger early?

I feel really bad for the kid if his commitment video got leaked early, but I'm super excited he chose Illinois!

t7nich

Central IL
YES! This is a huge get! :illinois:

GIF's please...

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
Trent Ayo Tevian Kipper Ebo. Thoughts on that lineup? Could the size/length of Tevian, Kipper, and Ebo be sufficient for rebounding?

TheDukeUIUC

Twin Cities, MN
This is the bullseye the Illini needed. Ayo was alaways in our favor, but truly WINNING a recruiting battle for an instant impact player over Zona, USC, and other schools closer to home and in a better state in exactly what we needed. Now add Feliz or Hinson and this is a helluva class for a team that didn't play a game in March last year.

Finally, some video of Tevian's announcement.

Tevian is the first one on the left. Jeremy Werner also attending the announcement (second from right).

tumblr_n3zkop4cW81r9q4s7o2_400.gif

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
Good get guys. Makes me feel a lot better about the process. Next year will be ugly again, but at least BU is bringing in solid prospects to be his guys.

This is great! Fall is looking much better! Welcome aboard TJ.

This is the bullseye the Illini needed. Ayo was alaways in our favor, but truly WINNING a recruiting battle for an instant impact player over Zona, USC, and other schools closer to home and in a better state in exactly what we needed. Now add Feliz or Hinson and this is a helluva class for a team that didn't play a game in March last year.

Feliz is looking very likely, too!!!:thumb:

TheDukeUIUC

Twin Cities, MN
Via the 247 writeup: https://247sports.com/Article/Tevian-Jones-I-committed-to-Illinois-116971635

Would anyone like to comment on the 2-year plan?
“They showed me a two-year plan that they had for me,” Jones said. “The first year, really try to develop me and get me ready. The second year, just stay on that same course and get better so you know what they showed me was like a two-year plan and getting up out of there and putting my name in the Draft.”

How realistic is this for Tevian's skill set? Obviously the coaching staff was willing to pitch it.

haasi

New York
Most importantly, how many Tom Cruises is this one?

I’d go with 4. Probably 3 or 3.5 based on ranking, with a bump up for fitting so many exact needs we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.