Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this take us out of the competition for Hinson or would they take both?

I would be surprised if we took both, just based off their recent offers. I’m guessing if they try to fill two more spots it will be with a big and a PG.

Yup. Right now we are at 1 senior, 1 junior, 4 Soph, and 5 frosh for next year. I would seriously prefer to avoid next year being another ugly rebuilding year. Win now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can get on board with this. Two loaded back to back classes and two years of lesser classes we should be able to stay competing once we complete and continue that cycle. Think about it one year with 9 or 10 upperclassmen, and a year with 5 seniors mentoring another 5 man freshman class then restarting the cycle. We should be able to remain competitive once we get through the first cycle. In the years we recruit one or two it allows the staff more time working on the upcoming 5 man classes and developing the team. I think it works.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Does this take us out of the competition for Hinson or would they take both?

Pretty sure they would still take Hinson if he wants to come. Is Matic staying? If not, there would still be room for Hinson and a Feliz or 5th year big man, with a scholly to still roll over for '19. Plus there will be attrition.

KABOOM.

I love the tape on Jones. Long, quick, explosive, attacks the rim well on close-outs, and a knockdown shooter. Hand in glove fit.

I've had my complaints about how late this class is being left obviously, but in terms of the raw toolkits, Kane and Jones might as well be create-a-players for what this system demands at those positions. Good finds by the staff.

Welcome to the Illini Tevian Jones!

Go Illini

Deleted member 628259

D
Gets me even more excited for 2020, but this team is gonna be BAD next year

Does not take IL out of getting , Hinson. Hinson is 6"7. 230. Illini could use a guy that size who can shoot and get to the basket. They would co=exist quite well together on the floor. Throw in Ayo, Frazier, and Kane and you have a team that could put the ball in the basket, run and jump. That's the kind of athleticism you look for in a line-up.

Deleted member 14522

D
Tevian Jones! Awesome get by the staff. Nice job by Ayo helping out as well. I look forward to watching what a player like Jones can do in his career at Illnois in this system.

Jones committing was apparently a done deal days ago. Some inner circles are talking about the timing of Jones’ commitment is to help generate interest in another player Illinois is looking at. I’m strapped in now, seeing if anything will manifest in the coming days.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
It means happy. You should try it sometime. :D

giphy.gif

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Feliz is a VVG PG. I'd rather have Ramey (doh!), but if Feliz is ready to pop: Welcome aboard, son! Anywhere but Miznoz for Ramey. Villanova, succeeeding Brunson, sounds perfect.

Alan Griffin comes in ranked as the number 1 player in the 2018 class in New York State according to @NYCHoops (final rankings)

Congrats to Alan and that's a huge accomplishment considering how competitive the State of New York basketball is.

https://twitter.com/step_basketball/status/981211062258356224

So this class already includes the #1 ranked player in Illinois, the #1 ranked player in New York, and a top-10 ranked player in California and some people are not excited? And we could still add the #1 ranked player in Missouri or the #1 ranked JUCO point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.