Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,426      
You can actually be more than a youth trainee, you can actually play for European pro-teams in games.

Yeah, and Giorgi did, playing against grown men.

You hear similar situations in English soccer sometimes when a young guy makes it into the first team while still on a "schoolboy" contract. Wayne Rooney was one of those cases IIRC.

#1,428      
I would imagine after the in-home with Okoro, the staff will either keep pushing for him or move on to Golden or Hinson or Calloo. Just like last week after they met with Ramey.

Agree with this. There could be some telegraphed moves coming after that meeting. I.E. if visits are suddenly cancelled, we got good news. If not, we're probably in the same situation as Ramey where we have to take a good player if there is one ready to come on board. If Okoro still wants to come later, you do your best to make a spot.

#1,444      

haasi

New York
I didn't realize Alan was a Mc. Donald's All American Nominee until I watched this video.

There are hundreds. 15 in Illinois alone, including Tim Finke. Definitely people on the list who aren’t high major D1 players. MCDAA is an honor. Nominee not so meaningful. That said, I’m optimistic that Griffin will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,445      
There are hundreds. 15 in Illinois alone, including Tim Finke. Definitely people on the list who aren’t high major D1 players. MCDAA is an honor. Nominee not so meaningful. That said, I’m optimistic that Griffin will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, but when you add this to all of his MVP's, awards, and championships, it further validates what we got in Alan.

Last edited:
#1,450      

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Wait a sec. How is he eligible, then?

Same way Matic is eligible. He also played on a professional team called the Helios Suns. I believe they do not get paid, it's just better competition than high school basketball/they probably don't even have high school basketball.

Also fun fact. We essentially did a Mike Thorne for Matic Vesel trade, as Thorne joined the Helios Suns when Vesel left for Illinois, though I don't think Thorne still plays for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.