Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,152      

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 9.19.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 9.19.42 AM.png
    372.3 KB · Views: 413
#2,153      

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Back to the Frankie highlight videos and Lucas Johnson...

I miss the days when we had a number in front of us on the tv graphics...

Frank was the best to watch when he wanted to play and take over a game.

And I loved watching Lucas get into the heads of all the Arizona players. And Coach Lute. And Bill Walton. And the Zona fans... LOL

#2,157      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Can we at least get an accurate comp for Dennis' cat?

#2,158      

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Can we at least get an accurate comp for Dennis' cat?

Now I'm going to have to hit F5, until I get an answer! I haven't had a chance to see the cat in person yet, and the mix tapes are always just the highlights.

#2,159      
If we don't Land Golden who are we going after for last schlorship. Im assuming no 5th year grad?

#2,162      

Deleted member 236589

D

And I loved watching Lucas get into the heads of all the Arizona players. And Coach Lute. And Bill Walton. And the Zona fans... LOL

He also got in the head of the referees, most notably after a very hard foul late in a Sweet 16 game vs Kansas.
All of the crying and complaining that Roy Williams did after that game and Lute Olson did prior to the Regional Final caused those refs to call ticky tack fouls from the get go. They called a foul on Johnson when he was three feet from the play. Arizona shot a whole lot of free throws that game and it ultimately was the difference.

#2,163      

We definitely seemed to play much better when that number was there!! Someone should let Whitman or Underwood know and see what they can do about it! :)

#2,166      
Isthis suggesting that we dont take okoro unless golden denies us?

Nope. It just means Golden's has his visit first. If he signs with Illinois right away he gets the last scholarship that is currently available.

If Golden signs or doesn't sign, you still go after Okoro, and the scholarship situation will work itself out.

#2,168      

foby

Bonnaroo Land

Lucas Johnson reminds me of a younger, more tenacious, Brian Johnson.

#2,169      
Nope. It just means Golden's has his visit first. If he signs with Illinois right away he gets the last scholarship that is currently available.

If Golden signs or doesn't sign, you still go after Okoro, and the scholarship situation will work itself out.

"scholarship situation will work itself out" = someone's desk gets moved to the basement?

#2,171      

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
I think Ayo is a shorter version of Magic Johnson

How about Andre Miller? Same size, seldom if ever dunked, good vision/passing, crafty handles, weaves his way through traffic, killer hesitation and fakes, great finisher, never known for his outside shooting but he hit big shots, quiet guy but competitive...

#2,172      

haasi

New York
Ayo is like Babe Ruth, except slightly taller, from Chicago, and plays basketball. He’s also very similar to Elon Musk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.