Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,351      

illini80

Forgottonia
On the other hand, all those crystal balls weren't for nothing so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for now.

#2,352      
If it were my child then they would be leaving UI this weekend without a commit no matter how they felt. And I’m an alum and avid b-ball fan.

#2,353      
It's nice to be in a recruiting battle where weather is not a factor.

Syracuse weather is definitely worse than Central Illinois.

#2,354      
If it were my child then they would be leaving UI this weekend without a commit no matter how they felt. And I’m an alum and avid b-ball fan.
I am always pleasantly surprised when we get a commitment during a visit. I think it is usually because the kid already has his mind up going in that if nothing feels wrong on the visit, this is where he wants to go. Most of the time it is best to go home and see how you still feel the next day or two.

#2,355      

illini80

Forgottonia
I am always pleasantly surprised when we get a commitment during a visit. I think it is usually because the kid already has his mind up going in that if nothing feels wrong on the visit, this is where he wants to go. Most of the time it is best to go home and see how you still feel the next day or two.

It makes sense for guys that have visited before and/or have a long standing relationship with the staff. Take the official, enjoy being wined and dined and then commit.

#2,356      

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Get some more muscle on Georgi and he could be a great banger. As a side note, for oldsters, anyone remember a kid from Purdue, probably back in 80's, that was roughly the size of a defensive lineman?

He was this huge guy who was so strong he just moved everyone out of his way
, and that was back when they lets the boys play...not quite like the Pistons of that era, but the whistle was hanging on the refs instead of in their mouths a lot more of the time. Maybe best on another thread, but it just popped into my head.

As far as recruiting, I would love to pair Golden with Georgi...a pair of get-after-it bigs.

Anyone?

That pretty much describes every forward that played under Keady. You'll have to be more specific.

#2,357      

MadtownIllin

Madison, WI
Get some more muscle on Georgi and he could be a great banger. As a side note, for oldsters, anyone remember a kid from Purdue, probably back in 80's, that was roughly the size of a defensive lineman?

He was this huge guy who was so strong he just moved everyone out of his way, and that was back when they lets the boys play...not quite like the Pistons of that era, but the whistle was hanging on the refs instead of in their mouths a lot more of the time. Maybe best on another thread, but it just popped into my head.

As far as recruiting, I would love to pair Golden with Georgi...a pair of get-after-it bigs.

Anyone?

#2,360      

He was this huge guy who was so strong he just moved everyone out of his way, and that was back when they lets the boys play...not quite like the Pistons of that era, but the whistle was hanging on the refs instead of in their mouths a lot more of the time. Maybe best on another thread, but it just popped into my head.

Anyone?

Hes a bangerrrrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2,362      
Probly scared of this:

vok6R0.gif

Just sayin'. :noidea:

Man he has long arms...if he stuck his fingers out they would go to his knees. Bust a move young fella!..Dance like a Chief! Chief Georgi is going to surprise people.

Last edited:
#2,363      

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
Man he has long arms...if he stuck his fingers out they would go to his knees. Bust a move young fella!..Dance like a Chief! Chief Georgi is going to surprise people.

BU puts premium on length. Need it to play his denial defense. Pretty sure I read somewhere he has a 7'1" wing span. Jones wing span is nearly 7'.

#2,365      
BU puts premium on length. Need it to play his denial defense. Pretty sure I read somewhere he has a 7'1" wing span. Jones wing span is nearly 7'.

To put this into perspective, players in the draft tend to have a wingspan that is 3-4 inches longer than their height with shoes. Pretty average wingspan for his height but not bad at all.

#2,369      
Jones' is exceptionally long.

He's either exceptionally long or possibly still growing. I'm okay with the former but the latter would make him an intriguing NBA prospect sooner than later. I love Jones and I'm not trying to hype him up too much but he's the kind of kid that wouldn't surprise me at all if he went from being an under the radar prospect to being on mock drafts after a year or two, just due to his potential and length.

#2,370      

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
To put this into perspective, players in the draft tend to have a wingspan that is 3-4 inches longer than their height with shoes. Pretty average wingspan for his height but not bad at all.

The key phrase “players in the draft”. It’s not normal in the general population, but it is a common trait in elite players.

That’s the point.

#2,371      

Anyone?
Jim rowinski

#2,374      
The key phrase “players in the draft”. It’s not normal in the general population, but it is a common trait in elite players.

That’s the point.

It's not unique to NBA prospects. A 6'10" player with a 7'1" wingspan would be average, whether it's a player on the WAC conference or a player on Kentucky's squad. Maybe I'm still missing the point but I thought the post made it seem like he was longer than usual, but he's not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.