Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From very reliable source. All are staying except Higgs. January going juco route. Cockburn still in. Holyfield coming
I don’t believe the 2nd and 4th part of that post is set in stone yet. Don’t think we will know about January for sure one way or another until summer. And while I think we have as good of a chance as anyone at Holyfield, he has many offers and the list will continue to grow.
I

From very reliable source. All are staying except Higgs. January going juco route. Cockburn still in. Holyfield coming

Don't see January going Juco after basically sitting out entire year to focus on getting in? Cockburn is in, no worries I don't believe, Holyfield maybe, but with many "better" offers don't bet on it....another transfer or HS to be added imo.

Had an Illinois offer.

Evan Daniels @ EvanDaniels
·

10h
2020 power forward Shon Robinson just verbally committed to Ole Miss. Robinson is the Rebels first pledge of the class.

Is the current plan (with the understanding that it very likely will change) that January will go JuCo, and then come back to Illinois after getting everything in line?

I'm guessing he's transferring down a level (at least competition-wise) and likely closer to home.

I don't get this. I thought GCU was an odd pick to start but whatever. Then he goes out there, gets his brother to follow, plays some significant minutes and then leaves. I don't get it. And where did you hear the info that he's transferring down a level. Like Division 2 or 3? That would be all the more perplexing. It seemed like he's capable of playing D-1. What the heck?

I'll bang the drum for Bradley again for him...

I don't get this. I thought GCU was an odd pick to start but whatever. Then he goes out there, gets his brother to follow, plays some significant minutes and then leaves. I don't get it. And where did you hear the info that he's transferring down a level. Like Division 2 or 3? That would be all the more perplexing. It seemed like he's capable of playing D-1. What the heck?

I'll bang the drum for Bradley again for him...

He would need to go a level to play right away...really never thought he was a high D-1 guy actually. Peaked early and had the "look" of a D-1 guy, not the overall ability based on position and size against similiar guys. Just my 2 cents.

Is the current plan (with the understanding that it very likely will change) that January will go JuCo, and then come back to Illinois after getting everything in line?

IF January goes Juco, I would think there would stand a very good chance that he never makes it to the ILLINI. I hope that does not happen as I think the kid would be a really good fit in the system and with current team.

IF January goes Juco, I would think there would stand a very good chance that he never makes it to the ILLINI. I hope that does not happen as I think the kid would be a really good fit in the system and with current team.

I would think he would give the school he committed to a good look once he's done at JUCO. We've had some good luck with JUCO bigs that wanted to go to Illinois but had to start out in JUCO, see Ken Norman and Marcus Griffin.

the national

the Front Range
I would think he would give the school he committed to a good look once he's done at JUCO. We've had some good luck with JUCO bigs that wanted to go to Illinois but had to start out in JUCO, see Ken Norman and Marcus Griffin.
Shelly Clark also comes to mind, though he committed to the Illini after he went through Juco and not before.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Probably depends on what he was told from the coaching staff beforehand. Did we sell him on being able to get him admitted and then it didn't happen?

Probably also depends if it's a NCAA thing or an Illinois admissions. The former and I don't see why he wouldn't consider us. If it's the latter, then yeah, he's probably never coming here.

Just watched some highlights of Caleb Grill. This kid has some hops and can score . Wouldn't hurt to add a scoring combo guard for next season with Feliz and Ayo likely gone after next season.

Fair enough, but good luck usually doesn't last say 20-30 years?

Hoping to hear about a Addison Patterson visit in the near future. Either way we wont get a decision until late July, i hope we have a scholarship available just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.