Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference in can and will. At one point on here, a lot of people thought we would have Whitney coming in this fall as well. But it is a another good point on why it might make sense on waiting until next year to add the next PG.

IIRC, Whitney had stated that he was UK bound in the event UK offered. And, that is what happened. Until he was offered by UK, most on this board felt, and rightly so (?), he was UoI bound.

IIRC, Whitney had stated that he was UK bound in the event UK offered. And, that is what happened. Until he was offered by UK, most on this board felt, and rightly so (?), he was UoI bound.
The point was/is that Miller & DJ aren't sure things next year, Whitney is just one of many examples where many overrated our chances. There is no such thing a sure thing and even if Whitney had not received a Kentucky offer there is no guarantee that we would have gotten him.

sacraig

The desert
A couple of months ago, many on this board - including several so called in-siders, were saying that 5 or maybe 6 from the current team would be gone... Transferring out due to unhappiness with playing time, coaching, whatever.... so we've got plenty of room... right ? ? IDK, I'm just a bystander....

Who said this? I recall no "insiders" (of whom there are very few) saying anything remotely similar to this.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
A couple of months ago, many on this board - including several so called in-siders, were saying that 5 or maybe 6 from the current team would be gone... Transferring out due to unhappiness with playing time, coaching, whatever.... so we've got plenty of room... right ? ? IDK, I'm just a bystander....

I've read IL pretty much every day since before the season started, there hasn't been any mention of unhappiness emanating from our locker room at all this year. Most definitely not from any real insiders. There may have been a few of our Eeyore's trying to plant seeds to this effect by starting unfounded rumors, or trying to ruffle feathers.....but this is as solid a locker room as we've had for over five years IMO.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
tenor.gif

So any truth to the rumor that January will not be signing next week??

Deleted member 8313

D
The next several months are huge for Underwood. Get a couple impact transfers and Adam Miller and things look good moving. Miss on an impact 4, and the tourney is questionable next year.

Rumors floating around 247 board that Isaiah Moss might be transferring to Illinois from Iowa. Seems a little crazy. I take it he would be a grad transfer if it happens.
Can Fran block a grad transfer? I think stallings tried to do it with Cam to UNC but wasn’t sure

sacraig

The desert
Well... TCTORNADO himself offered not even a month ago, that 'several' transfers could be expected. When I tired to ask for a specific number (like 5 or 6) he just said it could be... I'm just trying to find out more info. I don't know how to do a search on this board, but I specifically remember reading (from several different posters) that MANY were on the cusp of transferring... Some said just wait for the banquet dinner to see who doesn't show up, but I don't know when that is, and it seems like there are nearly 500 in the transfer pool right now, and if any of our guys WERE going to transfer that we'd have heard something by now... Now perhaps these people weren't 'insiders' (although I'm not sure exactly how that is defined in this case), but all you had to do was read the posts during the season and see that these kinds of comments were there....

In what world is @TCTORNADO an insider™? There are a few people on this board who seem to have legitimate inside information. He is not one of them.

Of those insiders™, I recall one or two of them saying that we may have a transfer or two coming along (never did I see anyone say 5 or 6), and every time they clarified that the player meetings had not yet occurred so nothing was yet set in stone.

In what world is @TCTORNADO an insider™? There are a few people on this board who seem to have legitimate inside information. He is not one of them.

Of those insiders™, I recall one or two of them saying that we may have a transfer or two coming along (never did I see anyone say 5 or 6), and every time they clarified that the player meetings had not yet occurred so nothing was yet set in stone.

Haha, agreed

How do you know TC isn’t an insider, unless YOU are an insider? Hmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.