Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point. For some reason we aren't engaging in the first visit/middle visit/last visit/leaving campus without a commitment debate that we normally have regarding recruiting visits.

Without wanting to open that rabbit hole too much, I think it's because he's a grad transfer. Going off memory alone, they seem to be a little more prudent in taking all their visits.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Great point. For some reason we aren't engaging in the first visit/middle visit/last visit/leaving campus without a commitment debate that we normally have regarding recruiting visits.
Illinois last visit= "This isn't good, he might not even make it to us, and he might be sick of officials by then. Would rather make first impression"
Illinois first visit= "This isn't good, he might forget everything he saw by the time he finishes his officials. Would rather make last impression"
Illinois mid visit= "This isn't good. If he actually cared about this he would have made us the first/last official. Would rather make first/last impression"

There you go. I did the whole argument for you.

But the dead period is over. We are in a (mostly) open period until May 2, followed by a "quiet period" during which I believe on campus visits are allowed. Next dead period is May 16-24, which is after the NLI signing period. So . . . :noidea:
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/el...calendars/2018-19DIMBB_RecruitingCalendar.pdf
No insider here but have heard between first two weeks of may. Probably would like to make a decision before may 16. Again no insider here just from listening to few recruiting "insiders".

Cole: Cole Is Cole Anthony, #3 Prospect in the nation who played High School ball with King Kofi. Son of Greg Anthony as well. Cole will probably go to UNC, or Oregon, and he is announcing where he will go tomorrow night, hopefully, with King Kofi signing his NLI as well.

UNC

Add Holyfield and Kevin Cross and I will love this class.

Just for my own clarification, on campus visits are allowed during the quiet period and coaches can talk to the recruits while they are on campus, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.