Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flight#33

Flight#33
Last time for the record, he replied to my comment to another inquiring fan who asked why he decommitted. I commented back to him Illinois fans would still like to have him.
If this makes the horrible person I am being made out to be then so be it.

WiscIllini

Madison, WI
Last time for the record, he replied to my comment to another inquiring fan who asked why he decommitted. I commented back to him Illinois fans would still like to have him.
If this makes the horrible person I am being made out to be then so be it.

There is such a feature as direct or private message that one can use without putting a kid publicly on blast for something that really isn't one's business.

No one has called you "horrible" so quit playing the victim. You were careless (like so many people) on social media, though.

I just think it is not a best practice to initiate dialogue with potential recruits on social media
1) Many people do it.
2) I don' think anyone meant to question your character or personality, just the practice.

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
There is such a feature as direct or private message that one can use without putting a kid publicly on blast for something that really isn't one's business.

No one has called you "horrible" so quit playing the victim. You were careless (like so many people) on social media, though.

Careless is such a nice benign word...

Holyfield only has 1 year of eligibility right? Or is he one of those guys that is graduating early so is a grad transfer with two years of eligibility? That's a thing, right?

Don't know much about Holyfield's game and I see he's not ranked on the 24/7 transfer page. However, with TT and Kansas being his other finalist he must have skills. His stats look solid but not eye popping can someone give a run down on his game and what makes him such a must get?

The Recruit

The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
Haha," Christian Brown is down to 2 schools,,,Us and NC State.":) Recruiting is fluid.

Wow. I thought the Christian Brown scenario sailed away a long time ago. I don't think we are the final choice, but that would be an epic turn of events over the last few months in landing Holyfield, Cockburn, and Brown! One can only hope!

Deleted member 8632

D
Wow. I thought the Christian Brown scenario sailed away a long time ago. I don't think we are the final choice, but that would be an epic turn of events over the last few months in landing Holyfield, Cockburn, and Brown! One can only hope!
"Fluid" being the key word. He is Georgia Bulldog bound.

The Recruit

The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
Me thinks you might have missed something. See 0440's post #925.

Well that was a quick mood swing for me on a Tuesday. I thought he had already committed, but thought this was a new miracle development. Thanks for not letting me get my hopes too high. Haha

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/13AbwdfEHTvih2" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Kedric Prince has tweeted that Bernard Kouma will sign soon. You've got to like Ked, he says screw communicating with recruits on Instagram and Snapchat, I'll just pick up the phone and call him direct. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.