Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miller/Curbelo/Hawkins with Lakes possibly playing right away this year

Goode/Weston and or Jones/with another big would be ideal in 2021. I don't see us having any contributing (right away) Bigs being offered as of yet though, (grad transfer possibly for a 5 slot).

Amen brother. I set out to find it one time. Got as far as Des Moines, turned around and came home.
It’s a little further west, my Illini brother. Right here, in fact. I’m looking at it out my window right now.

Lots of thangs not gonna go as originally planned during all this craziness... Just sayin’
tumblr_nfucbknRGe1qjsnlqo1_250.gif

Thankfully josh Christopher ended up in the Pac12
I was just about to post this. They’ve had a tough offseason so far. DeJulius was supposed to be the guy to replace Simpson and he decides to transfer, they then swung and missed on Bryce Aiken, and have been all in on Christopher for a while only to have him spurn them for ASU.

IbleedOandB2014

In BU we trust
Chattanooga
I was just about to post this. They’ve had a tough offseason so far. DeJulius was supposed to be the guy to replace Simpson and he decides to transfer, they then swung and missed on Bryce Aiken, and have been all in on Christopher for a while only to have him spurn them for ASU.
Almost cliff alexander-esque

Cisse and Kofi also played on the same AAU team together so there's definitely still a connection...😁

Adam Miller signing tomorrow?

I would hope so...but it has been very quiet....would think some type of statement from his family (as to date and time and possibly where) would precede his signing....keeping fingers crossed

I would hope so...but it has been very quiet....would think some type of statement from his family (as to date and time and possibly where) would precede his signing....keeping fingers crossed

Yeah, if he's coming here, you would think he'd want to ink it since it can only help recruiting. And let's face it, if for some reason he doesn't want to be here, this staff has a nice track record of supporting guys who ask out for whatever reason.

They’ve lost two 5* one and dones in less than 24 hours. Absolutely brutal.

No kidding. And how about this kicker from his decommitment:

"This was a no-brainer for me."

We're no stranger to how much finesse it takes to get the roster together, or the inevitable nut punches that come with it, but you'd think this would raise some eyebrows in Ann Arbor after Howard ran off that winning streak and phenomenal recruiting class in the early days....

Yeah, if he's coming here, you would think he'd want to ink it since it can only help recruiting. And let's face it, if for some reason he doesn't want to be here, this staff has a nice track record of supporting guys who ask out for whatever reason.

He's already said publicly that he's signing last month, why would he need to reaffirm multiple times within the month before signing day?

No kidding. And how about this kicker from his decommitment:

"This was a no-brainer for me."

We're no stranger to how much finesse it takes to get the roster together, or the inevitable nut punches that come with it, but you'd think this would raise some eyebrows in Ann Arbor after Howard ran off that winning streak and phenomenal recruiting class in the early days....

Maybe not ALL ex-NBA'er relate as well to the current "stars" in high school? Something tells me the Howard @ Michigan may end up being a flameout experiment. No info, just hunches...would think it would be very difficult for Howard who played Fab 5 and NBA career at such a high level to "bend" to possible player attitudes and expectations. If the Alumni and faculty start pressuring Howard I could see this unfolding poorly for all concerned.

Maybe not ALL ex-NBA'er relate as well to the current "stars" in high school? Something tells me the Howard @ Michigan may end up being a flameout experiment. No info, just hunches...would think it would be very difficult for Howard who played Fab 5 and NBA career at such a high level to "bend" to possible player attitudes and expectations. If the Alumni and faculty start pressuring Howard I could see this unfolding poorly for all concerned.
Howard is a solid guy with lots of connections. He also come across as a good person. I don’t think he’s going anywhere soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.