Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard is a solid guy with lots of connections. He also come across as a good person. I don’t think he’s going anywhere soon.

Agree with all of this, however if there becomes a trend of losing 5* players, there may be an underlying issue is all. I personally think there has to be alot of cache built up with a Howard type of hire. If he can't keep the players for whatever reason it will reflect on him...the same as it would for any other coach. His name and past probably buys him for time than most in the same situation.

He probably wants his moment.....ok....I get that.....but why not announce when that moment is going to be???.....not sure this is in the bag as many would suggest
Until the ink is dry, there's nothing certain here. This has been a slippery slope since November. In the interim, we had a great season, but could be losing up to six scholarship players off of last year's roster(Jones, Feliz, Nichols, Griffin, Ayo and Kofi).

He's not waiting because he wants his moment. He had his moment, with streamers and cameras in November. So, the uncertainty....is that uncertainty where he'll be able to find a pen and a fax machine?

In the same article as the futurecast for Goode...hadn't heard this name before!

3. HERCY MILLER MAKING A NAME FOR HIMSELF

Being the son of a famous father has it’s perks, but it isn’t always easy. This winter, class of 2021 combo guard Hercy Miller, the son of rap mogul Master P, of Minneapolis (Minn.) Minnehaha Academy, has been busy establishing his own identity as a high major prospect on a loaded high school team.

Playing alongside 2020 five-star point guard Jalen Suggs, 2021 five-star big man Chet Holmgren and 2022 four-star forward Prince Aligbe, Miller has carved out a niche as an athletic combo guard who can score at all three levels.

“(Miller) is one of the best on-ball defenders in the country played his role with Jalen Suggs and Chet Holmgren and fit in well,” Team Sizzle program director Brian Sandifer told Rivals.com. “Brought a defensive toughness to our program and his ability to score the basketball is underrated. (He) runs the team well and is an above average athlete with the ability to score it from all three levels. Enjoys physical play and contact will be leading the charge with Chet and Prince Aligbe as the point guard this year. Schools love his ability to guard and distribute at the right time off the bounce.”

Miller has landed scholarship offers from Missouri, Morgan State, UCLA and Western Kentucky, while many others including Georgetown, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Minnesota and Purdue are keeping close tabs.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ndemic-ripple-effects-luke-goode-hercy-miller
I was researching the Miller Family a few months back. They moved to Minnesota from California to be closer to family. That school is a powerhouse in Minnesota. He also has a brother that plays on the team.

Now that Michigan has a scholarship open.....
Players are still committing to schools. I know the signing period begins tomorrow, but players will be robbed of their big ceremonies for the time being. Chicago is on lockdown till April 30 & I expect the mayor to extend that. I just want that signature asap. Michigan was playing slow playing him the whole time. I'm excited about Luke Goode. He is not wasting time with his recruitment.

Howard is a solid guy with lots of connections. He also come across as a good person. I don’t think he’s going anywhere soon.

(y) Agreed. It's a different world, but it's also the case that UM has a history of preferring its own and giving them ample time. Howard strikes me as a class act and highly dedicated. I think they'll give him ample time. His squad overachieved early, regressed to the mean, then finished solid.

alamocityillini

San Antonio
1586916629135.png

Maybe not ALL ex-NBA'er relate as well to the current "stars" in high school? Something tells me the Howard @ Michigan may end up being a flameout experiment. No info, just hunches...would think it would be very difficult for Howard who played Fab 5 and NBA career at such a high level to "bend" to possible player attitudes and expectations. If the Alumni and faculty start pressuring Howard I could see this unfolding poorly for all concerned.

If Michigan gave Beilein 4-5 years they will give Howard at least that.

Now that Michigan has a scholarship open.....
I’m sure Jawun has reached out again. Michigan can sell a starting spot next year. We can’t unless Ayo leaves. Adam also played with Jace Howard on Mac Irvin Fire. This could get really messy real quick. I just hope there’s nothing to the rumors on twitter.

I’m sure Jawun has reached out again. Michigan can sell a starting spot next year. We can’t unless Ayo leaves. Adam also played with Jace Howard on Mac Irvin Fire. This could get really messy real quick. I just hope there’s nothing to the rumors on twitter.

Lots of tweets out there on this one, but CB's remain solidly 12 in favor of Illinois.

here's what I know on miller: first, there are no worries on Michigan. Second, he will come here and said so last night on a live stream. Third, if ago and Kofi come back, that is actually more attractive to him than you think. Gets to start on a national championship level team. Let it ride out, he's coming and he will not be alone next year. Next year's team will b very, very good.
I-L-L

Status
Not open for further replies.