Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Ayo with a chip on his shoulder plays his way into a first round pick next year. IMO.

Bigger, stronger, faster, better shot...and something to prove.

giphy.gif

all fair points. He is a great great player, but he has a little bit of a "showy" side. This may just be as simple as having another ceremony, or even just more attention from the fans.
The state of Illinois is not opening up anytime soon. He's going to be waiting a while if he wants any additional attention.

It's interesting that the deadline to declare for the draft is April 26, less than 2 weeks away. If Ayo were declaring, even with the idea of just getting feedback, what would be the benefit in delaying the declaration?
On the flipside, is there any benefit in declaring early? Any at all? I'm pretty ignorant to the process, but do they get more draft info the sooner they declare? I assumed that the process of contact with early draft entrants starts at the same time; after the deadline to declare. No?

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
Kudos to Kedric Prince for finding this one.
Watch all 25 minutes of these highlights from #14 Sierra Canyon (CA) vs #18 LI Lutheran (NY - w/ Curbelo)

Andre Curbelo is Fabulous.
OSU also got a good one in Zed Key.

I watched that a month ago and was amazed. Curbelo gets where he wants to go with the ball, like Frankie Williams used to. He's going to be a monster PG for us. His shot is pretty solid too. Can't wait top see him in O&B.

And he's got a lot of experience in a similar offensive set.

I watched that a month ago and was amazed. Curbelo gets where he wants to go with the ball, like Frankie Williams used to. He's going to be a monster PG for us. His shot is pretty solid too. Can't wait top see him in O&B.

I wasn't willing to say it, but that's what I thought when I watched. Looong way to go to before becoming a legend like HRF, but yeah, it was impressive.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Ayo with a chip on his shoulder plays his way into a first round pick next year. IMO.

Bigger, stronger, faster, better shot...and something to prove.

giphy.gif
That would be dynamite.

View attachment 5955

Unbelievable. I was just laughing at all the Michigan fans and now it looks like we are going to get screwed too. These guys were dead on regarding Josh Christopher and Isaiah Todd.
also a source close to miller said this wasn't true, saw that from an Illinois guy on twitter. Also he said he was signing last night.

Curbello better than expected, great speed, handles, passer, mid range game. Much higher bball IQ than anybody on the court. See him as a starter on Day 1. Hard to keep good pure pgs off the court.

Hard to imagine Miller would back out, I'm not buying it. Peoria guy connected to Damonte, Ayo, and Chin.
he won't. The only thing to now watch is ayo and Kofi over the next month and a half, along with a couple of targets. 2 2021 reclass possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.