Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me waiting for Miller Time like,

2980051095_27c491a67d_b.jpg

Just finished watching a ton of Jaden Hardy film... the kid can play.. he reminds me of a mixture of ja morant, and malcom hill.. weird combo but the kids explosive, can shoot, good vision, and decent passer..
Really hope the staff can real him in.. that'd be a phenomenal addition ..

Hear we ago. He's either a taller Ja or a more athletic Malcom. Win/win. ;)

Anybody else's head spinning a little with all the variable permutations of recruits that we are going after? I was usually able to keep abreast of what was going on, but now it seems like we're on lists of a million different players in different positions! I think it's awesome!

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Anybody else's head spinning a little with all the variable permutations of recruits that we are going after? I was usually able to keep abreast of what was going on, but now it seems like we're on lists of a million different players in different positions! I think it's awesome!
I think we're all in the same boat, along with our coaching staff. On the Zoom meeting earlier today, BU was saying they're anticipating a potential flood of reclasses, and that it could happen any day now. The current chaos may be moving a few more notches up soon.

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
How do Brandon Weston, Jordan Nesbitt, and Isaiah Barnes compare to each other? They seem like very similar wings with good length. Hope we land at least 1 of the 3.

Let's see if Adam Miller can help close the deal with Brandon Weston. I love what Nick Irvin has to say about his game.

Brandon Weston is a stone-cold killer," Irvin told Illini Inquirer earlier this month. "He’s an assassin out there on the basketball court. You can’t stop him because he goes inside, outside, he can shoot it. He’s just tough as nails. He’s very, very tough.

“I think he’ll do fine at the next level right now. I think he’ll do real good, actually. He plays defense, he plays offense. He knows how to mix things up and he’s a student of the game. I think whatever decision he makes, it’ll be good. He can get better in prep school. You can learn a lot. Either decision he makes, the sky’s the limit for him.”

https://247sports.com/college/illin...ton-Illinois-basketball-recruiting-146366207/

Nesbitt just posted this. Not committed but he hasn't posted himself in any other jersey. Hopefully a sign of things to come

Anyone have a summary of his game? I know nothing about this kid.

Can’t offer much I’m on his game but thought I’d share this quote:

Nesbitt said. “I don’t want no coach coming in and telling me I can play right away. I feel like I’m the type of person that wants to work for something. I don’t need to come in and play right away. I’ve always been the underrated kid so I feel like I can always prove myself and get to the top so I feel like I need to be at a school that can help me prepare and get better each and every day.”

I’m definitely a fan of his attitude.

Can’t offer much I’m on his game but thought I’d share this quote:

Nesbitt said. “I don’t want no coach coming in and telling me I can play right away. I feel like I’m the type of person that wants to work for something. I don’t need to come in and play right away. I’ve always been the underrated kid so I feel like I can always prove myself and get to the top so I feel like I need to be at a school that can help me prepare and get better each and every day.”

I’m definitely a fan of his attitude.
Yeah, he is feeling the Illini right now and Ace Wolf is all over it!

His offer list is pretty impressive...
I watched a ton of video on this kid and he would fit perfectly in underwoods system..
He is a dynamic scorer, has a knack for creating shots and getting to the basket... in my humble opinion this kid is a bit underrated with a composite of 91.667... I'll just say I would be very satisfied with him coming to champaign.. hopefully they can pull the trigger on this kid and get a comittment..
Also I believe with miller signing kids like Nesbitt and weston are taking notice and are more likely to come play with him and curbelo.. curbelo is an attractive piece of the puzzle to recruits because of his i.q. and ability to distribute the ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.