Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April-June 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Yeah, I know. Just wondering what people think about them. But if we did end up with Moore (which is unlikely) then we wouldn't take a PG in 17'.

FWIW, I don't think we're going after Moore. And if we are, I don't think he's coming. Believe it or not, I've been wrong before. Once. ;-)

I think the only way we're taking a(nother) PG in '17 is if he's an outstanding prospect. Frazier may fit the bill (a lot depends on how he fares in AAU ball). But why would a VG prep commit to us with '16 and '17 PGs already on board? And, yes, I know that DMW isn't really a PG right now. Doesn't matter.

Connor Niego – 2017 – F – Chicago Lockdown
When you’re a 6-foot-8 wing who can handle and shoot the basketball, you’re a pretty attractive prospect. Niego is just that. A late bloomer in the class of 2017, keep an eye on Niego over the next several months. A player that’s still filling out his frame, Niego’s best days are ahead of him. Able to face up from the high post and slash or take his game to the perimeter, Niego can produce in different ways. Also a strong rebounder and passer on the interior, Niego aids a team across the board.http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3431
Any relation to Harrison Niego who was a walk-on at IU this past season (and has since announced he will transfer, seeking a D1 scholarship opportunity)?

riffraff

Peoria
It's too bad Groce can't recruit point guards...oh, that's right, he has.

St. Louis Eagles 16U - Okoro 6'9" 225lbs - Normal West

Look for the 2019 trio of power forward James Wiseman, center Francis Okoro and shooting guard Marcedus Leech to make big noise for the St. Louis Eagles 16U team. Wiseman is a long, skilled and fluid big man with touch. Okoro is a hulking low post big man with athleticism while Leech is a long, quick and athletic wing with tremendous size. The trio is surrounded by talent and their group is expected to be one of the top 16U teams in the country.

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/garland-shows-poise-at-the-warmup

Living in Bloomington/Normal, I have been hearing rave reviews on the Normal West player. Hear he is a monster down low but also has a nice touch from 15+ feet. Looking forward to intercity basketball games the next 2 years with 3 schools having D1 talent.

NY2LA BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION - 17U NORTH DIVISION PROSPECT PRIMER
Evan Flood — Contributing Editor - NY2LASPORTS.COM

17U NORTH DIVISION PLAYERS TO WATCH

Terrence Lewis – 2017 – SF – Playground Elite
Talk about a player that’s revamped his game since last summer, Lewis looks like a much different player. He brought out some new tricks during his junior season, but continued his stellar play at the NY2LA Swish N’ Dish. He’s always been a viscous player in the paint who never gets outworked, but Lewis has clearly worked hard on his three-point shooting and hits from downtown consistently. A glass cleaner and powerful finisher against contact, Lewis’ new finesse compliments his junkyard dog mentality quite nicely.

Connor Niego – 2017 – F – Chicago Lockdown
When you’re a 6-foot-8 wing who can handle and shoot the basketball, you’re a pretty attractive prospect. Niego is just that. A late bloomer in the class of 2017, keep an eye on Niego over the next several months. A player that’s still filling out his frame, Niego’s best days are ahead of him. Able to face up from the high post and slash or take his game to the perimeter, Niego can produce in different ways. Also a strong rebounder and passer on the interior, Niego aids a team across the board.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3431

So is Lewis solid or liquid? Or did he mean viscious?

Well, hopefully we don't wrap our hands around him when solid only to see him run through our fingers as a liquid.

Deleted member 10676

D
Any relation to Harrison Niego who was a walk-on at IU this past season (and has since announced he will transfer, seeking a D1 scholarship opportunity)?
Younger brother. LaGrange got lots of Niegos.
It seemed destined that the last two shots of Lyons' basketball season would be taken by the Niego brothers.
No matter how it ended, it was a special season for senior Harrison Niego and sophomore Connor Niego as they played together on the Lyons varsity for the only time.
There are more Niegos on their way. Sophomore cousin Noah Niego played on the varsity this season but missed the regional final due to an illness. Little brothers Nolan, Grant and Jackson all hope to follow in their brothers' sneakers.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...bk-lyons-regional-tl-0305-20150306-story.html

Well the fact that Goodwin already knows where he's going but is just enjoying the process may be the same thing that rings true with tilmon , just enjoying the process but already knows where he wants to be.

Has Goodwinn already said he knows where he wants to go?

Has Goodwinn already said he knows where he wants to go?

No, not even close. He will most likely be using his OV's in the next 4 months and then making a decision. I still look for the offers to pour in as the AAU season progresses.

I think you need to go back and read the article that was written on him
I think the article quoted his dad saying that his dad knows where he would like Jordan to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see who the staff is following the next three days, and what new names/offers arise!

dsboyce

Golden, IL
didn't Juice go on some recruiting trips, despite being a "solid verbal" to the beloved?

Football recruiting is a different animal. It is common for verbally committed footballers to continue making visits elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.