Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April-June 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,476      

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
I gotta say getting Trent Frazier seems more and more important. Looking at the coming departures and those committed:

Abrams: D. Williams
Tate:
Hill: Pickett
Nunn:
Thorne:
Morgan:

Getting Frazier, Goodwin/Lewis, and at least one if not two bigs would go a long way.

#2,478      

Chris Yates

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
Isn't this the guy that Judge referenced a year or so ago??

Yep. He's big, strong, mobile, athletic, and not coming to Illinois. His mom was a big hoops star at Michigan, he already has a Kentucky offer, and he plays AAU for Indy Spiece Heat. His final list will probably be Kentucky, Michigan State, Michigan, and a couple of other blue bloods.

#2,479      

Buck Turgidson

Massachusetts
Yep. He's big, strong, mobile, athletic, and not coming to Illinois. His mom was a big hoops star at Michigan, he already has a Kentucky offer, and he plays AAU for Indy Spiece Heat. His final list will probably be Kentucky, Michigan State, Michigan, and a couple of other blue bloods.

So you're saying our chances are good?

#2,488      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
#2,490      
2016 EYBL Most Valuable Player Watch

Jordan Goodwin | STL Eagles (MO)

A wing in a strong safety’s body, Goodwin is the heart and soul of the Eagles and his sheer willpower has helped guide the team to an 8-3 mark through three sessions. Capable of taking over a game and scoring at will, Goodwin has also been one of the best rebounders on the circuit all season long and an adept passer. Goodwin will have every opportunity to take this award with standout performances from him and his squad.

http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/652521?referrer_id=

#2,491      

Deleted member 10676

D
[FONT=&quot]Brian Snow ‏@BSnowScout [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Highly regarded 4-star Justin Jackson has committed to Maryland

[FONT=&quot]moves their class up to [FONT=&quot]9th a[FONT=&quot]nd with Trimble coming back, a good 24 hours for the Terps.

[FONT=&quot]http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
#2,495      

Deleted member 10676

D
[FONT=&quot]JGOOD[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]〽[/FONT] ‏@jGoodwin1123 1h1 hour ago [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blessed to Receive a offer from Ohio State!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scott Burgess ‏@scottybscout 2h2 hours ago [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Morgan Park 2018 PG Ayo Dosunmu @AyoDos_11 tells me he just landed #UNLV #RunninRebels offer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]UNLV and TAMU must be trying to get a leg up on Charlie Moore ---oh, wait a minute. Almost warged into Roy and Harv's delusion there for a minute. Scary thought[/FONT]

#2,496      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
[FONT=&quot]JGOOD[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]〽[/FONT] ‏@jGoodwin1123 1h1 hour ago [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blessed to Receive a offer from Ohio State!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scott Burgess ‏@scottybscout 2h2 hours ago [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Morgan Park 2018 PG Ayo Dosunmu @AyoDos_11 tells me he just landed #UNLV #RunninRebels offer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]UNLV and TAMU must be trying to get a leg up on Charlie Moore ---oh, wait a minute. Almost warged into Roy and Harv's delusion there for a minute. Scary thought[/FONT]

UNLV seems to really be targeting Chicago. Mike do you know what the connection is? There new coach appears to be a west coast guy.

#2,497      

Deleted member 10676

D
UNLV seems to really be targeting Chicago. Mike do you know what the connection is? There new coach appears to be a west coast guy.

Menzies hired as an assistant Rob Jeter, Chicago guy, who just got fired from UM-Milwaukee (a very unpopular firing btw) who has recruited a lot of guys from Chicago and the northern 'burbs during his years at Milwaukee and as an !!!'t at Marquette and Wisconsin.

Last edited by a moderator:
#2,498      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Menzies hired as an assistant Rob Jeter, Chicago guy, who just got fired from UM-Milwaukee (a very unpopular firing btw) who has recruited a lot of guys from Chicago and the northern 'burbs during his years at Milwaukee and as an !!!'t at Marquette and Wisconsin.

Interesting. I knew there had to be some connection.

#2,499      

Jeter also graduated from Quigley Prep in 1987.

#2,500      
i have a bad feeling about anymore top talent picking the illini in 07. it seems the longer we sit without another commit the more schools get involved. including blue bloods. i sure hope in wrong but it feels like Tilmon and Goodwin might be out the door. cna anybody talk me down off the ledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.