Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (April-June 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#3,201      

Smacko

Lexington, KY
Oof, on the heels of not garnering a mention in a recent interview he gave on the state of his recruitment, right? Could still be a long way to go, but that doesn't make you feel good. Lewis is my favorite player we're recruiting after Goodwin, so I'm crossing my fingers that this doesn't mean anything.

Obviously the staff told him we got the double silent verbal from Goodwin and Tilmon and that we don't have room for him :thumb:

#3,202      
Oof, on the heels of not garnering a mention in a recent interview he gave on the state of his recruitment, right? Could still be a long way to go, but that doesn't make you feel good. Lewis is my favorite player we're recruiting after Goodwin, so I'm crossing my fingers that this doesn't mean anything.

Maybe staff liking their position w/Justin Smith better. His performance @ Top 100 camp was described as electric.
C'mon Patroit insiders.:)

#3,203      
Maybe staff liking their position w/Justin Smith better. His performance @ Top 100 camp was described as electric.
C'mon Patroit insiders.:)

I certainly wouldn't be mad if the staff really felt like any of Smith, Eastern, Scruggs, or even Jarrett Culver was a better fit and likely to come on board. Hope it all works out!

#3,204      
I certainly wouldn't be mad if the staff really felt like any of Smith, Eastern, Scruggs, or even Jarrett Culver was a better fit and likely to come on board. Hope it all works out!

As long as we are talking about Smith, Evan Flood (WI Insider) gave him a CB to Stanford today. Fllood is the same guy who a couple of weeks ago gave a CB for Lewis to UI.
BTW, Lewis' CB today to Iowa State was from Jerry Meyer.

#3,205      

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
As long as we are talking about Smith, Evan Flood (WI Insider) gave him a CB to Stanford today. Fllood is the same guy who a couple of weeks ago gave a CB for Lewis to UI.
BTW, Lewis' CB today to Iowa State was from Jerry Meyer.

I believe Jerry and/or the other crystal ball predictor also had Iowa State before changing it to Illinois and then back to Iowa State. As with all crystal ball predictions on this board, I choose to believe that all Illinois predictions are good news and any of them not for us are just guesses and it's way too early to put stock in them.

I am most curious about Scruggs. For whatever reason, we are somehow in the picture and making up for the scheduled visit would be another push in the right direction.

#3,206      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I believe Jerry and/or the other crystal ball predictor also had Iowa State before changing it to Illinois and then back to Iowa State. As with all crystal ball predictions on this board, I choose to believe that all Illinois predictions are good news and any of them not for us are just guesses and it's way too early to put stock in them.

I am most curious about Scruggs. For whatever reason, we are somehow in the picture and making up for the scheduled visit would be another push in the right direction.

Yeah, if we end up losing out on Lewis, landing Scruggs would be alright.

#3,207      

Well we can start with the fact that JCL's 2 Uncles and his Dad went to Southport HS (same place as Scruggs) and the 2 families are close.:thumb:
It will be interesting to see if it could come down to Eastern or Scruggs. The all Illinois concept Groce is selling would favor Eastern.

#3,208      

Just saw a tweet yesterday where Lewis talks about how he likes Groce and how Groce challenges him to be a better player and man.

#3,209      

HC Illini

HC Illini
In the comments of that FB post Tilmon made, a female U of I student posted saying, “Is someone thinking about joining me next year?!”. He replied with a post that said, “I’ll be there”.

#3,211      
In the comments of that FB post Tilmon made, a female U of I student posted saying, “Is someone thinking about joining me next year?!”. He replied with a post that said, “I’ll be there”.

I saw that. Trying not to take it out of context...but I'm hopeful

#3,216      
I'm happy that Tilmon's recruitment is no longer totally silent.
Fingers crossed, as his commitment would be absolutely huge.

#3,217      
See that rivals 2017 rankings have been updated. Williams at 77 and pickett not in top 150. Tillmon remains a 5* @ 24.

#3,219      
Nvm I got it...idk what to think about it tho...

b51f2e1600ed5689621b62dec5e478b7.jpg

#3,224      
Tough competition for Tilmon, but I'm feeling pretty good. Texas and MSU are recruiting Goodwin hard, too. Hopefully the time Groce has put in pays off.

#3,225      
Great news! Did he previously have a top 8 or 10? If so, which schools did he eliminate? Just curious.

He did not have a previous list. But Kentucky came to watch him a few times during the season. Other offers he held we like Purdue, Kansas State, UCLA. Tilmon would be top 15 in the country if he would've played during during the spring period. He will be a MCDAA and could've went anywhere in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.