Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,154      

sacraig

The desert
This is not the way I heard it at all...in fact, it's pretty much the opposite.

I'm honestly not sure what the opposites of these statements actually are. Here's an attempt:

Brunson was ours to lose until Darius Paul got kicked off the team, and Chicago recruits only go to Illinois if they also get a blue blood offer.

Was I correct?

#1,155      
I'm honestly not sure what the opposites of these statements actually are. Here's an attempt:

Brunson was ours to lose until Darius Paul got kicked off the team, and Chicago recruits only go to Illinois if they also get a blue blood offer.

Was I correct?
No. I think that's the same thing the OP said.

JB was not a UI lean while DP was on the team.

*Edited post bc I decided at this point, it was silly to spread info in public even though I'm fairly confident there's truth to it.

Last edited:
#1,158      

sacraig

The desert
No. I think that's the same thing the OP said.

JB was not a UI lean while DP was on the team.

*Edited post bc I decided at this point, it was silly to spread info in public even though I'm fairly confident there's truth to it.

But what said Uber driver claimed is that Brunson was in the bag until Paul got kicked off and that no one wants to go to Illinois and only do when blue blood offers don't materialize.

#1,159      
Video
That is one cool gym. Does anybody know where that gym is located?? Also, there's a similar video of Adam Miller going around. I can't believe he is going to only be a Junior. Now I know why the Irvin's say he will be the best PG in the country come his Senior year. Miller looks at the same level as DMW right now.

#1,160      
So now if you see them both on the street, who do you know has more insider info--the hot dog vendor or the uber driver?

#1,164      
1534826097228.png

#1,165      
Paul's actions not his departure brought some concerns to parents if I recall. Remember he was let go twice. He would of helped the Illini, so it sounds like a person full of regret and revisionist history.

I think this
But what said Uber driver claimed is that Brunson was in the bag until Paul got kicked off and that no one wants to go to Illinois and only do when blue blood offers don't materialize.

The Uber driver only claimed that this is what DP told him. FWIW I 100% believe that DP said this and he probably even believes it but in no way do I think it's true.*

*The part about prospects only coming to Illinois when blue blood offers don't materialize is more likely than not but you don't need a jilted ex player to crack that case. I'd say there are about 345 other programs (give or take) that also share this same problem and they are our competition.

#1,166      

sacraig

The desert
The Uber driver only claimed that this is what DP told him. FWIW I 100% believe that DP said this and he probably even believes it but in no way do I think it's true.*

*The part about prospects only coming to Illinois when blue blood offers don't materialize is more likely than not but you don't need a jilted ex player to crack that case. I'd say there are about 345 other programs (give or take) that also share this same problem and they are our competition.

Well yes. I am not saying I would or do put any stock in it. It's like 4th-hand information allegedly from a jilted player. Not exactly a reliable source. I was just making an attempt at writing down the opposite of it.

#1,169      
I like the fact that Miller and Williams are getting in time together in the same gym....that would seem to bode well for us.

#1,171      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I like the fact that Miller and Williams are getting in time together in the same gym....that would seem to bode well for us.

Yeah, it's a good thing. But Miller is a stellar AAU season away from being heavily wooed by the blue bloods (e.g., Whitney). We all saw what happened there. And I fully believe that Miller is under rated right now and could easily move into 5 star status.

Yeah, playing for the Fire helps. Playing with Ayo for a year helps a ton. Being a Peoria kid probably helps too. But this is far from a done deal, IMO.

#1,172      

Deleted member 17900

D
Miller will have an offer from every blue blood out there. Don't get your hopes up.

#1,173      
Miller will have an offer from every blue blood out there. Don't get your hopes up.

Yeah- it would be great to get a guy with a Kentucky, Kansas or Duke offer to stay in Illinois, but it would be tough. Miller will have the offers and I don't expect to be able to save him from the shiny NBA factories.

#1,174      
Yeah- it would be great to get a guy with a Kentucky, Kansas or Duke offer to stay in Illinois, but it would be tough. Miller will have the offers and I don't expect to be able to save him from the shiny NBA factories.
Didn't MS have a Kentucky offer? Or did Cal just visit with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.