Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 236589

D
Put it this way, I'd take Illinois straight up vs ASU in this recruitment any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Right, because being recruited by a former All American PG, with a team that has been to an NCAA tournament within the last five years, to a campus that probably has more stunning "sights" than any other school in the country carries no appeal. C'mon....

sacraig

The desert
Right, because being recruited by a former All American PG, with a team that has been to an NCAA tournament within the last five years, to a campus that probably has more stunning "sights" than any other school in the country carries no appeal. C'mon....

If stunning "sights" drove basketball recruiting, then ASU and UCLA would be unbeatable. Instead, Kansas and Kentucky and Duke rule the roost. Give it a rest.

Does Grandison OV start Thursday? Any time posted for Ubben workout?

I think our 2020 commitments from guards will seriously boil down between players choosing Kansas, Tex A/M, Arkansas, ILLINI...many of the same players being identified and being made a priority. If Miller, chooses us, who is a PG to come in and replace TF since Ayo will be gone? He is considered a combo guard in actuality, but is more a scorer than facilitator imo....of course at 4* and above in HS, they all are considered more of scorers.

Watson, Curbelo, Moore, Davis, Robinson? My #1 would be Moore....kid is something as far as small guard is concerned!

Curbelo is my plan A guy. Watson ain't chopped liver though.

I like Curbelo more as a PG really, which will be our biggest need (facilitator), then scoring. Moore intrigues me, Watson I would love to have as PLAN A really, but the rumors are about grades?

I like Curbelo more as a PG really, which will be our biggest need (facilitator), then scoring. Moore intrigues me, Watson I would love to have as PLAN A really, but the rumors are about grades?

Curbelo will go very late into next Spring.

Ok, we are up against the big dogs for our top PG choices, Miller will be amazing and it is definatly possible if his recruitment and makeup is anything like Ayo. With or without 1 or 2 of our top guard choices how do you think Andres Feliz experiences bodes for a backup pg possiblity? What if game obviously especially with 1 or 2 wings transferring in but if the need for a pg develops I would think it will be a great selling point assuming we have a successful season 22 or 24 wins and dancing. Hoping we get 1 or 2 of our top guards targeted and I really love our staff just making conversation until we have good news. Be well all. I...L...L...

I visited ASU's campus when I was 17 during my pre-college visits with my fam. And to this day, I still remember these "sights". Literally the best "sights" in all the land.

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
I visited ASU's campus when I was 17 during my pre-college visits with my fam. And to this day, I still remember these "sights". Literally the best "sights" in all the land.

Yes, Tempe offers beautiful "sights" and is a great place to live and visit. Two things going for Illinois is that it's hot as hell May through September - depending on your tolerance - and the Wells Fargo Arena is nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.