Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to know all the variables in the equation for Watson...hope it's not because we like someone else more that we don't get (don't mean Miller...missing on both would be disheartening...or normal for long suffering Illini fans).

Hmm, article showed up in my news feed as being recent but upon further examination it appears to have been written July 23rd. Ah, the wonders of the inter web. Anyway it had not been reported before. :cool:

Fair enough, I actually mentioned Terry along time ago, when Walker was offered....thought he would be a very good add, there was another as well off of the Hillcrest team as well that has already went D-1.

Yep, I remember reading on here from some poster that academics were a problem.

Academics are still an issue.

Won’t matter until signing day, NCAA doesn’t care who is “verbally committed”

Very similar situation to Antwan January where the kid verballed and tried to get eligible.

Watson is in way better shape academically than January was, fwiw.

I don't like how this is going. Illinois is looking for pg in 2020. Watson to Wake. Nobody wants to hear this but from what i read Steward ain't coming and I don't think this Curbelo guy is gonna come. Now what.

Boy was that profound, logj. You must have missed the part about Illinois not making the tournament the last six years. Many of the players Illini missed on caught the right bus, though.

Most of us accept that as the 'given' in this equation.

Last edited:

jmilt7

Waukegan
I don't like how this is going. Illinois is looking for pg in 2020. Watson to Wake. Nobody wants to hear this but from what i read Steward ain't coming and I don't think this Curbelo guy is gonna come. Now what.
Illinois is still on Posh Alexander's and KK Robinson's trimmed lists.

Except Hutchinson already played the PG position in college.
Looks like Hutcherson led the team in assists so maybe he can be a pg, I had seen him listed as a Combo-guard (but see another place listed as a PG) which makes me nervous with our past luck at CG playing PG, and into that the risk of moving up 2 divisions. We'll see, but not convinced he will be a pg.

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
Where 68.87% of recruits are going. So we have a solid chance of landing 68.87% of Kalkbrenner.

As long as his heart is committed, we're good.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Stanford, who we're against in recruiting Kalkbrenner, hasn't made the Dance in a decade.
I don't think this is correct. It looks like they made the NCAA Tourney as a 10 seed in 2014 and lost in the Sweet Sixteen to Dayton. That said, it was their lone appearance since 2008, so it is a pretty futile stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.