Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 236589

D
I don't like how this is going. Illinois is looking for pg in 2020. Watson to Wake. Nobody wants to hear this but from what i read Steward ain't coming and I don't think this Curbelo guy is gonna come. Now what.
Wait until April or May of 2020, pull a kid out of left field, then hear the same story that rankings don't matter using GB as an example.

Would you really be surprised after three years of the same?

Wait until April or May of 2020, pull a kid out of left field, then hear the same story that rankings don't matter using GB as an example.

Would you really be surprised after three years of the same?

What are you even talking about? Frazier signed in November 2016, Ayo committed in October 2017, and Kofi committed in January 2018. In the past 3 years we have had very good commitments in the Fall/January.

We added Feliz, Griffin and Tevian in March/April 2018 and I don’t see any reason to complain about any of them despite it being in the spring.

Until we start recruiting like bluebloods, it will be....rinse/repeat cycle. I am with you.

I don't foresee Illinois ever recruiting like bluebloods. As much as we love the Illini, they are just not that caliber of a program.

Just for a quick update on recent events:
- The staff had non basketball related worries with Watson.
- Steward is going to be nearly impossible to keep away from blue bloods.
- Kalkbrenner is trending away from the Illini. Almost a forgone conclusion that he isn’t coming here.
- We have a lot more competition from a school out west for Adam Miller than anybody was expecting.

I wish there was better news to talk about

- Kalkbrenner is trending away from the Illini. Almost a forgone conclusion that he isn’t coming here.
- We have a lot more competition from a school out west for Adam Miller than anybody was expecting.

People are not going to like to wake up to your post.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Not great, Bob! Nevertheless, appreciate the insight.

Deleted member 554798

D

Attachments

• 245C53C2-ECE9-4B7B-AA35-27908DF34B4C.gif
    245C53C2-ECE9-4B7B-AA35-27908DF34B4C.gif
    962.5 KB · Views: 248

sacraig

The desert
At one point we were right there. But that was a long time ago now.

We were never right there. We were, at several points in time, probably one tier below the blue bloods and roughly equivalent to what Arizona has been.

Not sure why the "we're are out" for Kalkbrenner and he releases this last night.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 12.31.10 AM.png

billybaroo

Pebble Beach, CA

Call me crazy, but this is starting to feel an awful lot like the Ayo/Wake Forest affair. Maybe that’s just wishful thinking on my part, but I refuse to let this “news” discolor my orange tinted glasses. [insert smiley with orange glasses]

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
New article on Karim Mane:
What’s up with the 100 place difference in rankings between 247 (#24 overall) and the 247 composite (#129 overall)? How does this guy compare to Steward and Miller in ability?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...et-Karim-Mane-in-latest-Top247-134635553/Amp/

Mane compares well to Miller and Steward, IMO. Very well. I suspect he'd be first on that list by NBA teams. WRT landing Mane, extreme longshot, IMO (the cat's out of the bag).

jmilt7

Waukegan
Mane compares well to Miller and Steward, IMO. Very well. I suspect he'd be first on that list by NBA teams. WRT landing Mane, extreme longshot, IMO (the cat's out of the bag).
He does (compare well) but there are rumors he may go pro, albeit, this is the only article I found to support the contention

Karim Mane could skip college to pursue NBA dreams

From the article: The NBA allows players who reach their 19th birthday before the calendar year of the draft to receive automatic eligibility, which applies to Mane. He could also fall under the category of an international player as he has not resided or attended school in the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.