Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats he afraid of?
Don't Fear The Reaper WITH ACTUALLY MORE COWBELL on Make a GIF

Seems to me that the staff would be scraping the every corner of the country and world to find a big to replace Kofi next year and keep the ball rolling. But then I think about the 5 returners in Giorgi, Brandon, Jermaine, BBV and Hawkins, and I am not so sure. In fact, if these kids get a year to mature, next year should also be pretty strong for the Illini.

ya I think they will definitely be going after a four star center like Mac, but I’d they strike out they will probably be just fine with a senior Giorgi and Junior Hamlin

Boy he would be a perfect signing for what we already have in the bullpen.

My thoughts exactly. With the departure of Griffin and Tevian this past season, Da’Monte next season, and Austin and Jacob leaving after 2021-22, a player like Hopkins would be a great get. I’m high on Ben Bosmans-Verdonk and Coleman Hawkins but it’s always great to add Top 50 talent to the positions you’re ‘weakest’ at.

I’d love to see a package deal with Hopkins and Ettienne in 2021 to fill our 2 positions of greatest need with top tier talent. (Bediako/Moussa/Foster would be good alternatives). Add David Jones or Jordan Nesbitt as top 100 wings and I don’t see any reason we can’t maintain national relevancy and preseason top 25 level success.

Boy he would be a perfect signing for what we already have in the bullpen. It would be so nice to “steal” a recruit back from Louisville after the Q Snyder ordeal
Hopkins would be a nice get, but...

...his decommitting, going thru a re-deciding/re-committing process is nowhere near compensation for what Louisville did to us w Q Snyder. For proper payback, Hopkins would have to stay committted to L and then sign with us on signing day, with L being in shock, and not having any fallback options. And since they did it first, I'd say we might be even once we did that to them twice.
;)

...his decommitting, going thru a re-deciding/re-committing process is nowhere near compensation for what Louisville did to us w Q Snyder. For proper payback, Hopkins would have to stay committted to L and then sign with us on signing day, with L being in shock, and not having any fallback options. And since they did it first, I'd say we might be even once we did that to them twice.
;)
100% agree, that’s why “steal” was in quotations. It’s not quite the same, but I’d take it.

I'm gonna change my name to don't forget Luke Goode b/c it seems like it needs to be said every couple of days...
Personally, I don’t think people are forgetting about him, or disrespecting him by failing to mention his name. I just think it’s assumed we all know he’s part of the class and doesn’t require mentioning repeatedly.

I'm pretty sure everyone is happy he committed, and part of the class.

I’m hoping that there’s a high school season this year so we can watch him and other prospects.

;)

Getting their top recruit for that class would be payback enough for me for the Snyder mess.

sacraig

The desert
I still don't harbor any ill will toward QS over that situation. Louisville was QS's hometown team and dream school. He was never not going to turn them down if and when they did finally come calling. More power to him. It just sucks that it was so late. Louisville, on the other hand, sucks for plucking him away at the last minute both because it was our team that took the hit and also because they strung the kid along for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.