Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen/heard anything about this... Anybody care to bring me up to speed? Gracias.
We'll have to get some real info from an Insider, but Holyfield lost Sr year at SFA to shoulder injury before season, so would be a 5th year transfer. Little undersized for PF, Listed at 6'8'', 227 (taller than BU).

Jr Year: 12.9 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 51.8, 41.2 FG%/3Pt%' 1.3 blks/gm. Not that overwhelming at SFA, But BU should know, I'm assuming he was BU's recruit before he went to OSU. If true, looks like a backup plan at some level if they can't qualify January.

But purely guessing based upon what I can see from his career at a lesser conference. Hopefully, turns out to be Kenny Battle, why not he's got 2" on Battle.

Twitter Tuesday: Washington, Indiana, Duke, Terrence Shannon

Top-60 wing Terrence Shannon had remained vocal about staying patient with the recruiting process this winter and is set on a group that consists of Florida State, DePaul, Georgetown, Illinois and Texas Tech. There has been a lot of talk about one of the home-state programs, DePaul and Illinois, being his eventual landing spot. Florida State had gained a ton of traction this fall, too, and Georgetown has long been viewed as a dark horse in his recruitment. Despite all of that, it looks as if Texas Tech has taken the pole position for him. There is still no timeline for a commitment, and while the Red Raiders could wrap this up in the coming weeks, his remaining finalists continue to pursue him.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...sday-washington-indiana-duke-terrence-shannon

Brad Sturdy Retweeted
HoopFocus@TheHoopFocus 13h13 hours ago
Chicago native Adam Miller is one of the best Shooting Guards in the country, spend a day with him as he prepares for playoff Basketball in Illinois.
1f976.png
2b07.png
@AceWolf44

Brad Sturdy Retweeted
Steve Smith @OHACoachSmith 14h14 hours ago

92-63 win tonight over Believe Prep, TN. Thomas had 28, Anthony 17 with 9 assists and 8 rebs, Cockburn 17 and 15 rebs, Mack 8 and 7 rebs

Reactions: cam

jmilt7

Waukegan
Normally I wouldn't post this as it is very speculative but it seems as if there is dearth of recruiting news so I say, why not?

"Fansided: NCAA Basketball Recruiting: Predicting landing spots for the top 15 uncommitted 2019 prospects"

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/02...ding-spots-top-15-uncommitted-2019-prospects/

So those of interest to the Illini (on the Scholarship Grid) and according to the article (so you don't have to actually read the article:

Terrence Shannon: Quote from the article: "His decision still appears to be murky at this point as he weighs his options but, of all the scenarios, Shannon returning to Illinois to play for Brad Underwood and the Illini seems to be the most likely."

Tre Mitchell: Notre Dame

Tristan Enaruna: Creighton

Lester Quinones: LSU although it was noted that this may change in light of Will Wade being subpoenaed in the FBI investigation

Christian Brown: Quote from the article: "his athleticism and finishing abilities have earned him offers from 34 programs all across the country. But, given his style of play, he fits perfectly in NC State head coach Kevin Keatts’ system."

Trendon Watford: Memphis

Keion Brooks: Kentucky

Precious Achiuwa: UConn

Normally I wouldn't post this as it is very speculative but it seems as if there is dearth of recruiting news so I say, why not?

"Fansided: NCAA Basketball Recruiting: Predicting landing spots for the top 15 uncommitted 2019 prospects"

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/02...ding-spots-top-15-uncommitted-2019-prospects/

So those of interest to the Illini (on the Scholarship Grid) and according to the article (so you don't have to actually read the article:

Terrence Shannon: Quote from the article: "His decision still appears to be murky at this point as he weighs his options but, of all the scenarios, Shannon returning to Illinois to play for Brad Underwood and the Illini seems to be the most likely."

Lester Quinones: LSU although it was noted that this may change in light of Will Wade being subpoenaed in the FBI investigation

Christian Brown: Quote from the article: "his athleticism and finishing abilities have earned him offers from 34 programs all across the country. But, given his style of play, he fits perfectly in NC State head coach Kevin Keatts’ system."

Thanks for sharing.

1551235197112.gif

Wow, i just saw a picture of Kyree Walker and A. Patterson, 2 players who might reclassify for this year and Mr. Walker looks old enough to be Patterson's Dad, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.