Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, Reeves was their leading scorer the last two games. He had 17 vs Belleville West (EJ's team) in an overtime loss and 24 the game before in a win.

More of a dead set up almost set shot shooter...don't see anything on film suggesting this kid is B1G caliber...but no one thought Giorgi was either so...

Have to admit I was more of an Oscar T fan but I certainly look forward to having the biggest bully on the block. He will have to be double teamed when he gets the ball or he will go wild on offense. Worried about his speed but he will make a big difference in our rebounding and that could make a huge difference in our fast break with speed and finishers like Trent, Ayo, and Tevian. If he not star material he sure had a lot of coaches fooled if you look at his offer list. He is another piece to the puzzle and very different from Giorgi and Samba. Trust BU on this one.

Most likely (as in 99+%), we're doing Reeves a solid (stock boost), while improving our relationship with Simeon. Smart move. We don't need all of our OVs this year.

Most logical summation for this, really don't see him coming to us based on film, size, need, and most importantly fit?

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Most logical summation for this, really don't see him coming to us based on film, size, need, and most importantly fit?

He doesn't move the needle for us. He's not better than Griffin. He's not in the same ballpark. Top that off with only one year of separation. Gotta apply Occam's Razor here.

Most likely (as in 99+%), we're doing Reeves a solid (stock boost), while improving our relationship with Simeon. Smart move. We don't need all of our OVs this year.

In that regard, it reminds me somewhat of the Tamell Pearson recruitment.

Have to admit I was more of an Oscar T fan but I certainly look forward to having the biggest bully on the block. He will have to be double teamed when he gets the ball or he will go wild on offense. Worried about his speed but he will make a big difference in our rebounding and that could make a huge difference in our fast break with speed and finishers like Trent, Ayo, and Tevian. If he not star material he sure had a lot of coaches fooled if you look at his offer list. He is another piece to the puzzle and very different from Giorgi and Samba. Trust BU on this one.
I saw he’s ranked 11 on NBADraft.Net for 2020 draft. I didn’t think he would be a projected 1 and done.

No problem with all that. However, a reciprocal relationship is what we ALL need. And, one that is more transparent. Next time around if Chicago has a top star player, then I for one would appreciate if these coaches could openly push them towards UoI. Understand there is a LOT more to this narrative, but teh framework has to work for all.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I saw he’s ranked 11 on NBADraft.Net for 2020 draft. I didn’t think he would be a projected 1 and done.

I think some posters are vastly underrating Kofi's impact next year...his body will have almost 5-6 month's of natural growth and being in a college program this summer will enhance his ability to adapt to the college game....Also, he's playing on a highly successful HS program with other high value athletes that benefits him greatly...

I look forward to seeing Kofi, Giorgi, January and Samba fight it out this summer and fill our biggest weakness.....

Time for some payback to all the teams that ran amok in the paint these last few years...

GO PORTER ON THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

download (4).jpg

images (3).jpg

download (5).jpg

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
No problem with all that. However, a reciprocal relationship is what we ALL need. And, one that is more transparent. Next time around if Chicago has a top star player, then I for one would appreciate if these coaches could openly push them towards UoI. Understand there is a LOT more to this narrative, but teh framework has to work for all.

That will never happen. Too many coaches/handlers/family. Best we can hope for is being viewed in a much more favorable light. WRT elite prospects, we're going to lose a good portion of those to the blue bloods. We can and must improve our standing in Chicago though. Winning will help immensely.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
If would happen to sign Reeves, would hope there are a lot of Kevin Turner similarities there, overall.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
If would happen to sign Reeves, would hope there are a lot of Kevin Turner similarities there, overall.

Ya think? :)

Turner was outstanding for us. Turned out pretty well for a throw in. That squad (when Turner was a senior) might just be my favorite. Talk about getting the most from your talent. Kruger was a darned good coach.

More of a dead set up almost set shot shooter...don't see anything on film suggesting this kid is B1G caliber...but no one thought Giorgi was either so...
He’s 6’ 4 with long arms and a nice stroke. Maybe he’s a kid that just needs to fill out a little.

I think some posters are vastly underrating Kofi's impact next year...his body will have almost 5-6 month's of natural growth and being in a college program this summer will enhance his ability to adapt to the college game....Also, he's playing on a highly successful HS program with other high value athletes that benefits him greatly...

I look forward to seeing Kofi, Giorgi, January and Samba fight it out this summer and fill our biggest weakness.....

Time for some payback to all the teams that ran amok in the paint these last few years...

GO PORTER ON THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 4095

View attachment 4096

View attachment 4097

Lol just want to make sure that you know I was talking about Oscar T

Maybe Reeves is part of a package deal with Whitney, after all they played together on MIF before Antonio transferred to Arizona.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.