Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t looked for any other videos or highlights but there are a ton of kids that could put together tapes like this. I trust BU and OA’s evaluation, but not impressed.

Here is one against Watford...he drops 30.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
A new name, 6'5" SG Damari Monsanto of Western HS in Davie, Florida. Supposedly a lights out shooter. BU and OA were in Florida tonight to see him. Highlights from back in August show his shooting ability.

Good info, thanks. Kid can stroke it.

Lest we not forget we are in the Spring session and picks will not be as prevalent as the Fall, where we went like 0 for 40 in offers.

Lest we not forget we are in the Spring session and picks will not be as prevalent as the Fall, where we went like 0 for 40 in offers.

Agreed, this kid can play, I still like the Kayne Henry english bloke from Juco though.

Yes right after mentioning a center/forward outside the Top 100 at the time....January...lol, that was coincidental. Kayne Henry is a very very solid player on a very good team.

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/sports/20190109/nwf-state-men-roll-over-commodores-78-65, would absolutely love the ILLINI score this kid, he could seriously compete for starting minutes immediately and plays similiar to dare I say Gill?

Someone seriously get some video of this "2*" kid to the staff...he is only this ranking because he is an unknown here in the states...go to Northwest Florida OA and recruit this kid. The PR alone would be worth adding him to Kofi, January and this team...instant fan favorite I think.

I know its a highlight reel, but I really like this kid a lot. He is ultra quick and his athleticism is off the charts.

Haven’t looked for any other videos or highlights but there are a ton of kids that could put together tapes like this. I trust BU and OA’s evaluation, but not impressed.

Even for a highlight video, a lot of his made 3s don’t touch the rim. I feel like that’s often a good indicator of shooting ability. I also like his size, ability to shoot off the catch or dribble, and swag.

Given this team’s current makeup (and assuming everyone returns next year), I think adding a pure shooter that can guard opposing 3s is more important than adding an athletic wing with an unreliable outside shot.

Those shots are sweet. I call them "drone strikes". they seem to float above the court, identify the target, then dive to the net.

champ_champ

Chicago, IL
All drama aside & if both were on board who are you taking to round out the class...Terrance Shannon or Christian Brown?

illini55

The Villages, FL
A new name, 6'5" SG Damari Monsanto of Western HS in Davie, Florida. Supposedly a lights out shooter. BU and OA were in Florida tonight to see him. Highlights from back in August show his shooting ability.

I want this kid. So smooth.

Couldn't tell quickness from clip. A must for a guard or a wing in BU defensive system.

Status
Not open for further replies.