Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get a Christian Brown, and Ayo stays then we will be in great shape. CB, Tevian, and Damonte will all be competing for the starting spot at the 3.
PG: Ayo, Feliz
SG: Trent, Damonte
SF: Tevian, CB
PF: Giorgi, Kipper
C: Kofi, Samba
Reserves: Alan Griffin, Higgs, Antwan

If we have this lineup next year we will probably be projected top 6 at least in the Big Ten and might be a Top 25 team heading into the season. The crazy thing is that 10 of these guys are already here, 2 are signed, and one is looking like he will take a visit.

At work my favorite saying is employees fire themselves
If we get a Christian Brown, and Ayo stays then we will be in great shape. CB, Tevian, and Damonte will all be competing for the starting spot at the 3.
PG: Ayo, Feliz
SG: Trent, Damonte
SF: Tevian, CB
PF: Giorgi, Kipper
C: Kofi, Samba
Reserves: Alan Griffin, Higgs, Antwan

If we have this lineup next year we will probably be projected top 6 at least in the Big Ten and might be a Top 25 team heading into the season. The crazy thing is that 10 of these guys are already here, 2 are signed, and one is looking like he will take a visit.

There is a large learning curve to BU's system. If Griffin hopefully stays his knowledge of the system gives him an edge over new recruits not named Khahil Whitney.

All drama aside & if both were on board who are you taking to round out the class...Terrance Shannon or Christian Brown?

Christian Brown, Kayne Henry, Terrence Shannon, Monsanto in that order if those are all options, and with all things considered NOT just rankings.

I really have a hard time believing PITT can recruit anyone presently, coaching, style, location, conference, where is the enticing points other than the playing time possibly?

redwingillini11

North Aurora
While we still strike out amongst the big time recruits early on, i am really impressed with the classes BU can put together at the end of the cycle. Some great rising stars joining our team!

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Fair enough, but Giorgi was a 2*, so that ratings aren't all that.

We need to require posters to make a donation to Dan or the IFund every time someone brings up Giorgi's ranking. Win-win.

Would love to have had Cam Thomas added as well...now that kid at 6-3/4 is a scorer and would fit in very well with our current team....besides a Oak Hill pipeline would be awesome...Kofi, Christian and Cam with January WOW, that would be a class!

Cam Thomas is 2020 dude

I'm just glad the new face of "Trey Burke says hello!" is actually an Illini.

So true. However, Giorgi is more impressive. Giorgi wasn't just missed by scouts and coaches, he was an afterthought on his high school team. His college stats as a freshman are better than his high school stats as a senior! That is unheard of. Trey Burke was still a stud in high school. Giorgi was not a stud in high school.

Our last recruit from Florida worked out OK.

A new pipeline?

Underwood knows South Florida extremely well. He actually was one of the first to discover Trent when BU was at SFA. Secondly, he got Zach Dawson and Latravian Glover of South Miami HS to come to Stillwater. I don't know why but I think this Damari Monsanto thing has legs. Unusual to take 3 Illini coaches on one recruiting trip.

Jake Weingarten with a tweet "These rumors that Christian Brown has eliminated Pitt and will visit Illinois this weekend are "not even close to accurate." a source told Stockrisers and Prep Hoops.
He posted also, "Illinois visit getting planned and Pitt isn't out."
Sounds like Jake got his info directly from CB's camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.