Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flight#33

Flight#33
By the clips I have seen, Christian Brown looks to have a little Kenny Battle in him, meaning he attacks the rim. That's a really good thing. Flight#33 could go from KB to CB, I like it!

Is Christian Brown just down to 2 schools? Us and Pitt? Or is there another school that is still in it?

(I understand that pretty much every school is technically in it until he signs, but I'm asking about what he has stated)

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Us and NC state.
Someone needs to just tweet this to him. Note: I'm not recommending tweeting at recruits; this is just a joke.

1549644352028.png

Deleted member 633632

D
https://www.illinoisloyalty.com/For...hread-january-2019.24777/page-60#post-1447507

Just saying - someone reliable predicted the 2/9 date a while back wrt the Christian Brown visit.
In 3 days, we'll all be on Crystal Ball watch.

I appreciate this. But 4040 is right. No visit this weekend.

In all honesty, I was getting worried. But my source maintains his sentiments that CB will be visiting us sometime in the next 30 days or so...

The only problem that has been haltering this process is the politics at Oak Hill are a lot thicker than previously perceived. If it doesn't tell you anything that a talent like CB is down to Pitt and ncState (& now us) then I think you need to have your depth perception checked lol...

Staff was previously told they were not going to get a visit from CB because Illinois was not going to get 2 Oak Hill kids out of the same class. Period. Only the "Big Boyz" have that privilege...

But winning changes everything and when you do it in the style we have, those around the recruits see where the trajectory of this program is going! Winning = $$$ for recruits. NBA money. Oversee's money. Winning and exposure does that for you!

So, I apologize if this post seems all over the place, but i'm at work and its been a hectic week. But i have direct connects in the dia amongst others and while i've been getting mixed signals that its been getting "thick" on the CB back channels, my guy maintains his stance that we will be getting a visit in early March, if not sooner!

Bailey

Los Angeles
I appreciate this. But 4040 is right. No visit this weekend.

In all honesty, I was getting worried. But my source maintains his sentiments that CB will be visiting us sometime in the next 30 days or so...

The only problem that has been haltering this process is the politics at Oak Hill are a lot thicker than previously perceived. If it doesn't tell you anything that a talent like CB is down to Pitt and ncState (& now us) then I think you need to have your depth perception checked lol...

Staff was previously told they were not going to get a visit from CB because Illinois was not going to get 2 Oak Hill kids out of the same class. Period. Only the "Big Boyz" have that privilege...

But winning changes everything and when you do it in the style we have, those around the recruits see where the trajectory of this program is going! Winning = $$$ for recruits. NBA money. Oversee's money. Winning and exposure does that for you!

So, I apologize if this post seems all over the place, but i'm at work and its been a hectic week. But i have direct connects in the dia amongst others and while i've been getting mixed signals that its been getting "thick" on the CB back channels, my guy maintains his stance that we will be getting a visit in early March, if not sooner!

This is extremely believable

Seen Oak Hill play a couple times. Brown is pretty aggressive, and i love it.
Take it with a grain of salt since I haven’t seen him play against anyone that i would consider B1G caliber defenders. He definitely won’t be able to bully in the B1G the same way right out the gate. All in all, he would definitely fit in with the fast paced system BU likes to run.
I’m hearing he’s high on Illinois right now, but has a strong relationship with NCSU. Sounds like he hasn’t solidified a decision yet.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
So he has the time for an unofficial to South Carolina but not an official here? Seems odd for us if we are, in fact, a perceived top 3 school.

Status
Not open for further replies.