Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julius Marble will develop into a very good 3/4 player...wouldn't mind getting him at all.
I wonder if he is related to Roy Marble, played for Iowa and a very good player.

I wonder if he is related to Roy Marble, played for Iowa and a very good player.
Going down the wiki hole, Devyn Marble is his son, and payed at Iowa already, graduated 2014. He Just received a commitment from a very lovely lady, profiled on Say Yes to the Dress. No mention of a Julian on wiki or say yes to the dress, lol.

I don’t think the uncertainty is a problem....KW is a one and done no matter which school he goes to. There also is not much uncertainty with Illinois next year Ayo will declare for the draft but will be back for his sophomore season at Illinois. Trent Ayo KW Giorgi Kofi...that’s a helluva line up.
Even top 10 recruits arent sure fire one and donors. This phrase gets used all too often. He is a sure fire NBA player. See Cliff Alexandrr, Felipe Loprz, or our own Marcus Liberty. Shaq, or Zion, or some are sure but very few outside a top 5 recruit are for sure one and done and even then it's not a sure thing. Sounds like he may not he may not even start at Kentucky for goodness sake.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Even top 10 recruits aren't sure fire one and dones. This phrase gets used all too often. He is a sure fire NBA player. See Cliff Alexandrr, Felipe Loprz, or our own Marcus Liberty. Shaq, or Zion, or some are sure but very few outside a top 5 recruit are for sure one and done and even then it's not a sure thing. Sounds like he may not he may not even start at Kentucky for goodness sake.

Using 247 Composite Rankings

Year: Number that went pro/10
2014: 9/10 (Justin Jackson #9)
2015: 8/10 (Ivan Rabb #7, Malik Newman #8)
2016: 10/10
2017: 10/10

Deleted member 643761

D
Even top 10 recruits arent sure fire one and donors. This phrase gets used all too often. He is a sure fire NBA player. See Cliff Alexandrr, Felipe Loprz, or our own Marcus Liberty. Shaq, or Zion, or some are sure but very few outside a top 5 recruit are for sure one and done and even then it's not a sure thing. Sounds like he may not he may not even start at Kentucky for goodness sake.
Marvin Williams didn't start. Went 2

Magette

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
He would start at Illinois! (I know you’re reading this, Kahlil...)

Marvin Williams didn't start. Went 2

Magette
And yet they were not sure fire one and dones. That phrase gets tossed around all the time and most are not. That's the problem. So many young kids get told they are further along than they usually are. People tell them what they wanna hear. It's one thing if your Shaq, Kareem, or Wilt and athletic. I would love to have KW or others. To me sure fire and dones are rare and freaks. These young men still have a lot to prove to be a lottery pick. There are great players in college and around the world and to say KW ior any young man for sure WILL be one of the top ten or fifteen players that arent in the draft pool after a year of school is going to be incorrect most of the time.

Last edited:
And yet they were not sure fire one and dones. That phrase gets tossed around all the time and most are not. That's the problem. So many young kids get told they are further along than they usually are. People tell them what they wanna hear. It's one thing if your Shaq, Kareem, or Wilt and athletic. I would love to have KW or others. To me sure fire and dones are rare and freaks. These young men still have a lot to prove to be a lottery pick. There are great players in college and around the world and to say KW ior any young man for sure WILL be one of the top ten or fifteen players that arent in the draft pool after a year of school is going to be incorrect most of the time.
Not gonna be mad if he wasn't one and done, would you RCC?

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Guys, what's my reaction supposed to be? Do I react with skepticism over the kid's ranking/stars or do I cites Giorgi and the N=1 sample size of our staff finding unheralded gems?

Oscillate between the two. Preferably, simple harmonic. N=1 satisfies the Central Limit Theorem, amirite?

sacraig

The desert
Oscillate between the two. Preferably, simple harmonic. N=1 satisfies the Central Limit Theorem, amirite?

giphy.gif

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
Correct me if I am wrong, but he is a Top 5 player in the Junior class in Illinois.....not Top 5 Junior in the country.
Yep, #5 recruit for the state's 2020 class. I'm less than impressed based on his offer list (Drake, Southern University, New Mexico, UNI, St. John's), but haven't watched enough of his film to have an informed opinion. I think the optics are good to offer an in-state kid, but I have to think currently he's a big fall back option for 2020 unless he does some real climbing.

Oddly enough, he visited almost exactly a year ago. He visited Champaign on 2/18/18 and saw U of I beat Nebraska. Hopefully the result is similar this visit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.