Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Randle was from Quad City area, I believe - Rock Island - not really near Bloomington either, as was Happ, as well. Bloomington has put out most recently Chris Payton headed to SIU and then the really good player that has since graduated from OSU.
Yeah, you'd have to go through C-U or Decatur first. Randle was from the Quad Cities and Happ was from close to there.
But I think he was including Bloomington along with Chi-town, St Louis and Peoria as the places that regularly produce talent.

Robinson is nowhere near Bloomington.

Yes, I was listing recruits who were not from the main recruiting hotbeds (Chicago area, Peoria area, STL area, and maybe even Bloomington). Randle, Leonard, and Happ are not from those areas. Sorry for wording it weird.

From your list, Happ and Randle are both QC kids, and DJ Carton is pretty highly regarded as well, so it's not like the area's been completely dry. Illinois and Iowa competing for that talent is another story, of course...

(DJ Carton sounds less like a basketball player and more like the headlining performer on the Camel Lights EDM extravaganza, but I'm sure he'll be a thorn in our side regardless.)

I wouldn't classify Happ as a QC kid. He went to a 1A school in the middle of a cornfield. But even if you did, that's 3 kids in the past 15-20 years? I feel like both Bloomington and Peoria produce twice as much (maybe more) talent despite a quarter of the population.

I wouldn't classify Happ as a QC kid. He went to a 1A school in the middle of a cornfield. But even if you did, that's 3 kids in the past 15-20 years? I feel like both Bloomington and Peoria produce twice as much (maybe more) talent despite a quarter of the population.
that corn field would be within eyesight of the Quad Cities.

Gravy Train

Austin - Sturgeon Bay
Happ is from Milan IL. Hard to get more QC than that, without being one of the “Q”.

Flight#33

Flight#33
Happ is from Milan IL. Hard to get more QC than that, without being one of the “Q”.

Happ is a very good college player, but in high school he was just solid/good , he didn't jump out at you as being the D1 stud that he is, and yes he is from Milan , who has a lot of kids going to Rock Island which is part of the QC.

Forgot to mention my kids played against his Rockridge teams.

Deleted member 8632

D
Happ is a very good college player, but in high school he was just solid/good , he didn't jump out at you as being the D1 stud that he is, and yes he is from Milan , who has a lot of kids going to Rock Island which is part of the QC.

Forgot to mention my kids played against his Rockridge teams.
Funny Flight#33. My son played against Happ as well, and I agree 100%. Never thought he'd dominate in college like he has.

Funny Flight#33. My son played against Happ as well, and I agree 100%. Never thought he'd dominate in college like he has.

I was a senior when chasson was a freshman. A truly amazing kid to be around in every aspect of life. He was a huge miss for Illinois, but it was what was better suited for him. I actually coached baseball at Rockridge, where Happ is from. Aren’t too many kids that work harder than him day in and day out. Overall, the QC area does produce some talent. Definitely not what you’d expect, I agree, but from my experience there are so many kids that just can’t qualify due to grades and trouble and just give up after that. It’s a sad story that I’m sure is alive everywhere.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Reaaaal quiet here... Did anyone see that Luke Walton got left behind after the Lakers got blown out by the Pelicans? Setting the stage for Calipari?

Does anyone know what's going on with TJ Holyfield? Seems to be some Illini buzz going on?

I absolutely love this video:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.