Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only time will tell 🤷‍♂️... I've been watching Nebraska basketball be all about 'next year' for something like 30 years now as a disinterested observer. Creighton is the team of choice for Nebraska football fans in the 'off-season'.

Did you guys see Kobe King to Nebraska? That decision looks personal!! It will be interesting to see how often that happens in both sports in the future. A new trend could be instead of the one and done. There could be a Super team made of all transfers one day

Did you guys see Kobe King to Nebraska? That decision looks personal!! It will be interesting to see how often that happens in both sports in the future. A new trend could be instead of the one and done. There could be a Super team made of all transfers one day
Already stating he will be trying to play immediately also...

Meh, Nebraska will find a way to self immolate. It's just the way things go with the program here.
From what I heard from the writer for Nebraska on Jeremy Werner's show, they have a number of their talent sitting on the bench right now due to transfer rules. He said that the leading scorer this year wouldn't be a starter next year! That's quite a statement. Add in Kobe King despite what you think of his morals/attitude/ethics, this team is going to be a force next year. Leader in the B1G...maybe not, but should be as competitive. On top of that, you have Hoiberg who has proven he can create a program at Iowa State...why couldn't he do the same in Nebraska?!

Seems like the conference is pretty weak on star power coming in next year. Only 1 5 star kid, only a couple in the top 50. I know it's early but man the recruiting sites are not loving the B1G next year--sans us and UM. I know Indiana just got that 5 star 2021 reclass hopeful, but assuming no major additions looks like a pretty weak year.

I guess im missing something here. The kid quits the team in the middle of the year and everyone understands where he is coming from. I personally feel thats a selfish move that could careless about the school and teammates!

Status
Not open for further replies.