Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But all 7 players are undecided at this point (so yes that's right, AJ Griffin is not 1 of the 7 nor is the staff pursuing, out of respect for the family)...

I dont understand how not pursuing is respectful of the family.
Griffin is committed to Duke...so we are recognizing and respecting that commitment which is good.

I dont understand how not pursuing is respectful of the family.
Griffin is committed to Duke...so we are recognizing and respecting that commitment which is good.

It's out of respect for the family and AJ 1st, it's in regards and respect to Duke 2nd! Either way it doesnt matter, he's not someone we are pursuing because he is a committed prospect so it's just better to shut down any speculation there because we have other prospects to focus on

Impossible, OA was at Rolling Meadows. Okay not impossible but improbable.

Agree, I did not verify this with anyone that I trust. Just posted the info that was tweeted.

I do know that the plan was to go see both of them. Idk who went where.

Last edited:
Agree, I did not verify this with anyone that I trust. Just posted the info that was tweeted.

I do know that the plan was to go see both of them. Idk who went where.

I was under the impression OA was hopping flights Monday and had seen both Charles and Chet Holmgren on Monday...

But he could have saw Charles yesterday morning and made it back in time to see Max Christie's game last night... whatever the case may be, we are in on these guys and extending recruiting resources to be heavily on these big-time players which I like!

Speaking of Max Christie it's all but official that he will be in the house on Tuesday against Michigan State!

My guess is if it happens it wont be announced until with in 24 hours or the day of the game to keep a lower profile for him... but I could be wrong.

I'm def not a scout and absolutely would love to have him but doesn't jump out as a top 15 level player. It looks like he needs to put on a ton of muscle and doesn't look like he has elite athleticism. However, that shooting stroke would amazing to have on this team.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I'm def not a scout and absolutely would love to have him but doesn't jump out as a top 15 level player. It looks like he needs to put on a ton of muscle and doesn't look like he has elite athleticism. However, that shooting stroke would amazing to have on this team.
When I saw those highlights I saw a complete player who looks like an obvious one and done. Would LOVE to have him.

Speaking of work, fresh off of his playoff win in the CPL, Adam Miller will be in the house Friday nite.

I'm hearing the plan is to pair him with a high profile 2021 prospect or two while he attends the game! 🤞

If that doesnt materialize, Adam will have the full-scale of attention on him while he's in the house! 👏

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Very nice to see that the rise in our program is being noticed by elite recruits. Have no idea how this will shake out, but it feels great that some of the top kids are intrigued by us. Finally! And even better that our net really has no boundaries, whereas back in the day, it was predominantly in-state,

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Christie: always felt he was a total pipedream (and Duke bound). Now, he's sniffing around, I'm pretty stunned. Yeah, he won't wow anyone with his athleticism and physique, but, sweet jeebus, that kid can flat out stroke it. Illinois could use a guy like that.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Holmgren is a praying mantis defensively. Kid is a super freak. Tisdale physique, but unbelievable athleticism. Not too shabby offensively either. Couldn't be more different than Kofi, but the impact will probably be similar. Loving staff's inroads on these guys!

BU has proven he can recruit. I think you can add Kofi to that list... if you were to rank freshman, he'd have to be top 15 this year right, and top 5 center?

Still some question marks about depth, but I think at year 3 you gotta be happy with this roster construction, and with what we have coming in. Also, essentially "closing" this class in the fall opens up 2021 recruiting and beyond, which is obviously something this staff hasn't been able to do.

I'm interested to see how the 2 transfers do next year. BU was under some heat on this board when both of them committed. I was certainly scratching my head a little, wondering if BU was a little overwhelmed recruiting at a P5 school.

But at this point, BU definitely knows what he is doing. If these 2 transfers work out (or even just one of them) then BU REALLY knows what he is doing.

I'm interested to see how the 2 transfers do next year. BU was under some heat on this board when both of them committed. I was certainly scratching my head a little, wondering if BU was a little overwhelmed recruiting at a P5 school.

But at this point, BU definitely knows what he is doing. If these 2 transfers work out (or even just one of them) then BU REALLY knows what he is doing.

Grandison is ahead of Hutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.