Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandison is ahead of Hutch.
Is he more of a replacement for Kipper than a AG type? Assumed Hutch was more of a 1/2 and G a 3 or 4. Not sure why I had that impression but thought it was said one time that Hutch could play the point.

I'm interested to see how the 2 transfers do next year. BU was under some heat on this board when both of them committed. I was certainly scratching my head a little, wondering if BU was a little overwhelmed recruiting at a P5 school.

But at this point, BU definitely knows what he is doing. If these 2 transfers work out (or even just one of them) then BU REALLY knows what he is doing.
I thought one benefit from taking these transfers is that the staff could focus on adding a few main 2020 pieces (check), and not have to worry about filling out the roster (check). Added benefit is focus on high level 2020 if needed, and head start on 2021.

Finally! And even better that our net really has no boundaries

OA has a ton of connections, have got to keep this guy imo. Hoping Gentry is bringing some of the Gonzaga recruit the world mentality with him as well....been saying for years that Illinois needs to capitalize on it's diverse student population....winning makes that possible and more likely.

Is he more of a replacement for Kipper than a AG type? Assumed Hutch was more of a 1/2 and G a 3 or 4. Not sure why I had that impression but thought it was said one time that Hutch could play the point.
I read when we signed them that both could play the point. Kipper's replacement is Hawkins.

Our worldwide recruiting disposition predates Gentry. But, yeah, hopefully he can become a world class recruiter. He certainly seems to have outstanding coaching chops.

Yes I know OA specifically has gotten us off to a great start, our previous recruiters not so much, Gonzaga has been doing it for years and Gentry was exposed to this, so my hope is that we reap the benefits now.

That's great news! I think we could quickly (Tomorrow) become his leader if Duke is slow rolling him.

We'll considering out of the top 10 Duke has 4 commits including Christie and 2 of them Baldwin and Griffin would be competing with him....so I think he could be talked into the home state thing.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Our worldwide recruiting disposition predates Gentry. But, yeah, hopefully he can become a world class recruiter. He certainly seems to have outstanding coaching chops.
I know we have international players, but have we really been recruiting the world? Feliz-Florida JUCO, GB and Kofi were both playing at schools in the US. We found BBV overseas correct?

I know we have international players, but have we really been recruiting the world? Feliz-Florida JUCO, GB and Kofi were both playing at schools in the US. We found BBV overseas correct?
I would say you have a point but some of these contacts OA has stem from his connections with Dominican Basketball and playing abroad. So the players may be in the USA but the information or connection may occur prior to or because of that.

We'll considering out of the top 10 Duke has 4 commits including Christie and 2 of them Baldwin and Griffin would be competing with him....so I think he could be talked into the home state thing.

Griffin is Duke's only commit right now for the 2021 class. I think you're looking at the 247 CB's being 100% Duke and assuming they're committed?

Griffin is Duke's only commit right now for the 2021 class. I think you're looking at the 247 CB's being 100% Duke and assuming they're committed?

Correct on Griffin. Not sure that all 7 of the other Duke 2021 open offers are commitable. That's not the way they operate.

You are correct, went back and looked thanks. Still don't think he would want that many at his position. Yes I know all about a real player would want to compete against the best...competing against and taking minutes from is two different things.

Any other recruits attending tonight's game that Miller can sing the fight song to?

Status
Not open for further replies.