Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add in Kobe King

You are assuming he gets to play right away? I don't think he will get to, something doesn't smell right with the move. He wants a better chance to make $$$$ good for him and his decision, just not done the right way, don't think the NoChanceAtAll will look at it any other way either.

You are assuming he gets to play right away? I don't think he will get to, something doesn't smell right with the move. He wants a better chance to make $$$$ good for him and his decision, just not done the right way, don't think the NoChanceAtAll will look at it any other way either.
That transfer rule will probably be passes before next season

Probably it passes, may not take effect immediately though? If it doesn't I don't think he plays right away, if it does, well good for him and bad for Wisky. There should be some stipulations on when/where/what/how the rule comes into play though as well....Like not in the middle of a season in order for the 1 transfer not penalty to play out?

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Kobe King/Bucky: no idea what (exactly) transpired. Agree 100% that quitting in the middle of the season was a "bold" move. That said, when one has his fill of something, it's time to cut bait. Until the facts come out (and they probably won't), deferring judgement is prudent.

Whatever. Hoiberg is loading up.

I agree he’s allowed to but glad he’s not on our team. Quitting in the middle of a season speaks volumes to me. He also needs better advice. Not getting better by sitting at home but you can believe what you want obviously.

Read on 247 "King announced he was transferring before reports surfaced a Wisconsin strength coach used a racial epithet"

Read on 247 "King announced he was transferring before reports surfaced a Wisconsin strength coach used a racial epithet"

he did say something about not liking how the coaches talked to the players when he left didn’t he?

if that 247 article is true he should be able to transfer and play immediately. And by immediately, I mean this season on a different team that might still have to play wisconsin, because if you’re still using racial slurs in 2020, F you.

I've just got to believe that we should have some very special visitors on Sunday. The table is set.

IbleedOandB2014

In BU we trust
Chattanooga
Not sure where to put this but I see we offered Obi Toppin. Us and Miss St only high majors to offer. Imagine if he was on this team...

Not sure where to put this but I see we offered Obi Toppin. Us and Miss St only high majors to offer. Imagine if he was on this team...
Obi Toppin at Dayton? Lol, just seems a bit late on the post. I believe there were grade issues that would have made getting him in here difficult, at best. That's why he ended up at Dayton.

Last edited:
The Obi Toppin that is playing at Dayton?

Yep. He was down to Illinois, Rhode Island and Dayton.

He had some academic issues and wound up having to sit out his freshman year.

Similar situation to Antwan January. He wasn’t going to get in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.