Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
2019 Illini Basketball Commits
Antwan January (2019 C) committed to Illinois on November 13th, 2018
Kofi Cockburn (2019 C) committed to Illinois on January 6th, 2019

Regular Signing Period Begins: April 17, 2019

rbachhuber's Scholarship Grid
Updated 01/30/2019

Last edited:
April 17th?? Man, 3.5 months is gonna be a long time thinking about Cockburn.

Happy New Year, all.

Maybe if he commits, we can nickname him “Rooster.” Two letters difference but so close.

Does anybody know the other "mentor" that was with Cockburn? Kareem Memminger his AAU Rens coach was one of them.

Does anybody know the other "mentor" that was with Cockburn? Kareem Memminger his AAU Rens coach was one of them.

If he looked like:

0qBxFRWj_400x400.jpg

Then it is his high school coach Steve Smith

Too bad recruits can't sign until, April. From what i read he and his mentor sounded highly interested. Much more so than the usual talk after a visit. So much can happen between now and April.

Too bad recruits can't sign until, April. From what i read he and his mentor sounded highly interested. Much more so than the usual talk after a visit. So much can happen between now and April.

They tried to get Kofi in earlier. Kofi was, but FL Atlantic was not available earlier on the schedule.

HoopCity

Huntsville, AL
If Cockburn has committed as of right now as Loren said why does he not give a verbal commit on the " Official Twitter" like January has done? Sure is easy to make a statement and twist it around when the real truth neither has signed and only one was a verbal by the recruit himself !

As bad of a situation as we're currently in on January 1, 2019, it could improve 100 times if Kofi ends up here next year and the roster remains in tack. Add January to the mix and it's a totally different team. For starters, Georgi could play in more of a position he's suited for.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Tate's way of saying 'recruiting is fluid'.

Recruit the studs from the Juco ranks for now, IF we miss out on Kofi, and IF something goes awry with January? If that happens, I would say use Feliz as an example: (plenty of playing time, allowed to utilized his game, etc) and get the top ranked JUCO guys to be added to whatever other recruits we have a chance for.

Freshman for the most part, outside of Trent's hero ball (thank god we have that at times), have proven to struggle, get some more experienced players. Some of these guys were highly ranked from high school and had to go the Juco route, doesn't make them any more less talented in the long run?

Status
Not open for further replies.