Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,204      

Deleted member 746094

D
Stauskas high school mixtape almost mirrors Kasubke.

Great comparison. I know these two were MCDAA, but his game reminds me of Grayson Allen and Jon Scheyer? Grayson was a bit more athletic coming out of high school and Jon was a better pure shooter(not by much). Looks like a really complete player.

#1,209      

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Didn’t see his video. Did it start raining when he shoots?

download (2).jpg

#1,213      
There are many NBA mock drafts sites, which i have searched. Ayo, comes up on only one the ESPN board. What's it mean? Nothing. I'm sure the NBA scouts are well aware of him and are following his play. Should he continue to play at this level i would imagine he'll garner some interest.

#1,216      

Bailey

Los Angeles
So ESPN's nba draft projections have as much credibility as their recruiting rankings?

I really wish we had THT. But nothing in his stat line right now screams one and done.

ESPN swallowed up Jonathan Givony of Draft Express. There's not a more plugged in person when it comes to NBA scouts.

#1,219      

Deleted member 643761

D
ESPN swallowed up Jonathan Givony of Draft Express. There's not a more plugged in person when it comes to NBA scouts.

THT is shooting 40% from the field and under 30% from 3. What are scouts enthused about?

#1,220      

Bailey

Los Angeles
THT is shooting 40% from the field and under 30% from 3. What are scouts enthused about?

I would guess his ability to switch on defense, handle the ball, and make good passes not totally unlike a poor man's Draymond Green. Every team needs one of those in today's modern NBA. Surround him with shooters and that's a rotation player.

#1,222      

Deleted member 29907

D
I would guess his ability to switch on defense, handle the ball, and make good passes not totally unlike a poor man's Draymond Green. Every team needs one of those in today's modern NBA. Surround him with shooters and that's a rotation player.
Unfortunately he's also a smaller Draymond - so I'm scratching my head as well. Draymond has at least a few more inches at small forward.

He's also only averaging 5.4 PPG over the last 5, whereas that Ayo guy is averaging 21....

#1,224      

his stock will drop by season end...the draft class will not be one of the stronger ones in recent years as well....he may not fall far. Ayo may have to really think this through based on players/position/rankings at season end along with family needs.

#1,225      

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
Kind of a cross between Meyers Leonard and Larry Lubin.
I was thinking a mix of Tom Chambers and Kelly Tripucka. But I will say that based on the film I did notice a hint of Dugan Fife and....that one guy from Duke. You know the one, right? The white one who gets booed on the road...yeah, that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.