Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,330      

Deleted member 633632

D
Interesting....Pitt seems to be running third in this race right now.

Unfortunately that's a little outdated. Pitt is out working us at the moment and it's paying dividends. Most of that is due to scheduling imo, but whatever the case may be... it's working in their favor, they're taking advantge of it & it's paying off for them currently. But just because you get a few victories in battle, doesn't mean ultimately you win the war. So we shall see...

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,333      
Not according to somebody that was in contact with Nimari last night. Burnett said that Chin is recruiting him and that they have made him a priority.

I am sure that is true...Burnett is being recruited by almost everyone and I am sure he is a priority for all of them...I just meant I didn't think he would be in the cards for us. We will see how it plays out...Miller is whom I want, now if the two get paired up well then....Thomas would not be a bad backup to Burnett imo.

Last edited:
#1,341      
espn nba draft analysts said that he very high on nimari burnett nba potential. i remember when he as at morgan park and can barely dunk and now he a monster at it kid got some serious game. Game changer for sure.

Crazy to think that Nick had Nimari and Ayo in the backcourt together. Burnett as a Freshman carried that MP team after Ayo got hurt. Don't Ayo and Nimari live in the same neighborhood?

#1,345      

Deleted member 746094

D
I am not trying to be negative as we need the best players we can get. However, we definitely have Trent for two more years and Ayo, IMO, for at least 2019-2020 season. So we need a PG/CG in the 2020 class for sure.

However, if we don’t land at least one of the priority wings we have been talking about then we must find a Juco or proven grad transfer in 2019 class or a stud wing from 2020 class. Our lack of production from the wing is hurting this team and will continue to do so. The writing is on the wall that Kip is either going to play his way to the bench or leave. AJ is gone after this year and honestly not providing what we need from that position. TJ should develop into a reliable 3 for us, but we need more length and athleticism in regards to depth in our back court. AG is more of a combo guard as well and I just don’t think DMW will develop into the player that can score consistent game at all three levels.

6’2 to 6’4 is okay, but the teams we are struggling against are 6’5 to 6’7 and athletic at the 2/3 position. We need these types of players. Miller will be a stud, but he is 6’4 and more of a 1/2. Burnett is 6’3 and didn’t show me much in the two videos I watched as the competition looked suspect. These players plus DJ Steward(?) will both replace Trent/Ayo. nicely. With Kofi and January onboard with our current front court of Giorgi and SK we should be taken care of for the next two recruiting classes as I agree with most that watched Oak Hill game in that Kofi will be a stud but he won’t be a one and done either.

We need 6’5+ athletic wings that can score from 3 and get to the bucket and finish. They are out there as every team we have lost to this year(minus maybe Florida whatever U) has them on their roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.